Does anyone have a black laced red wyandotte?

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by tazcat70, Feb 24, 2008.

1. tazcat70

tazcat70 I must be crazy!

I would like to see a picture of one.

2. SamG347

SamG347 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 4, 2007
    PA
    You mean Golden Laced?
    Here are some pics of my hens...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. tiki244

tiki244 Flock Mistress

Jan 1, 2008
    WestCentralWisconsin
    anyone who has blue laced red wyandottes has to have black laced red wyandottes if they breed them

4. tazcat70

Aren't the golden laced more orange than the red? They do look different don't they?

5. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

This pullet hatched from a BLRW egg, but is not colored anything like my others. I thought she was black laced, but she's more of a dark navy colored lacing. Since these are my first BLRW I don't know that much...I'm still learning!!
    [​IMG]

6. tazcat70

She is very pretty Katy! I love her color, how dark of a blue she is.

I see a splash there too.

7. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

Yep, most of the first ones I hatched are gonna be splash I think. That's ok...I think splash are pretty.

8. tberggren

tberggren Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 20, 2008
    Ithaca NY
    SamG347,
    Your GLW is so very pretty. I love the second picture down!! Do you think you will have any hatching eggs in the near future?

9. SamG347

SamG347 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 4, 2007
    PA
    Tb...I wish but sadly I only have hens. I would deffinetly send you some hatching eggs...but it seems every time I get a roo the new neighbor complains. And Katy that one pullet you have pictured...the Dark BLRW is actually what you are trying to get in a good breeding flock. The lighter ones are BLRW just whiter than blue.
    Good Luck with them!
    Im finding out from a wyandotte breeder how to create...Lavender....Dunn Laced...and Blue Partridge wyandottes. Those will be my future projects.
    [​IMG]

10. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

I know the darker ones are supposedley what we need to aim for, but if I'm honest I like the lighter ones better! [​IMG]

Blue partridge sounds really pretty.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by