Does anyone have a Crele Polish? Got 1 last night wanna see others...

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by askjcm2005, Jul 16, 2010.

1. askjcm2005

askjcm2005 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 9, 2010
    San Diego
    I was told it was a very good breed but I dont know much about chickens yet...

2. georgialee

georgialee Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 9, 2009
    Knoxville, TN
    You should post a picture! I don't have any but I think they're gorgeous! [​IMG]

3. askjcm2005

Jul 9, 2010
    San Diego
    Ok I will. I planned on going home today and taking pictures of all of them if is isnt too dark after I get home with my new 6 silkies...

and WOW you have 52 chickens?? What kinds? Do you have any pictures of your chicken setups/enclosures? I will have 21 after tonight and I only started a little over a month ago. I think I am addicted to. Last night I got some polish and silkies and the lady was telling me that if I get an incubator I will be even more obsessed.... LOL

Last edited: Jul 16, 2010
  4. ThePolishPrincess

ThePolishPrincess Chillin' With My Peeps

Crele isn't a recognized variety yet-it's just a project being worked on by some breeders. In other words, it's not a 'real' color yet. And I don't hear very much about Crele Polish. But it happens to be one of my favorite 'colors'. So pretty!

I don't have any Crele, but I have had Polish and I do think they're an awesome breed. They have poor vision because of their poofy top-hats, but they learn to get around and act like all of my other chickens. They rely mostly on hearing than anything else-mine come flying towards me when they hear my voice. They can have issues with feather picking because others see them as an easy target, so watch out. But over all, they're very friendly and once used to human contact, become very social. Most of my favorites have been Polish. And Silkies are wonderful birds, too. You'll love them. Yes, you'll be very addicted. Watch out, it sneeks up on you.

5. Chris09

Chris09 Circle (M) Ranch

Jun 1, 2009
    Ohio
    The one big thing is that polish don't come Black Breasted Red so the Crele color that they have is not a true Crele.
    Breeders are crossing a Partridge to a Barred to produce a "mock" Crele.
    This "mock" Crele lacks in the correct wing color pattern.

Chris

6. georgialee

georgialee Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 9, 2009
    Knoxville, TN
    Quote:Here's a link to someone that sells them... there's a nice pic of their birds in the post. https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=325436

You'll
    come to find that there are many here on BYC that have more chickens than I do, lol!

I have several different coops:

chicken house 9x15
    [​IMG]

wire hutch 4x8ish (can't remember exact dimensions)
    [​IMG]

I also have a coop that I keep my LF layers in as well as a brooder coop that's split into 3 sections. [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 16, 2010
  7. askjcm2005

Jul 9, 2010
    San Diego
    Thanks for the pictures. I have figures out a way to make some inexpensive pens with some metal stakes and some chicken wire so I think I got that figured out now... We have a huge shaded area by trees we keep them and will just enclose the top with chicken wire too.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by