Does anyone have a pic of a RIR x White leghorn as a chick and adult.

Rooster Ray

Songster
15 Years
Nov 20, 2008
South West Michigan
I hatched some 6 chicks out last Friday. One of my eggs was from my White leghorn. Needless to say it was not what I expected I was expecting it to look like a red sex-link but when it hatched it looks almost black but it really is mostly dark rust colored. So I was curious as to what this chick might look like as an adult. The cross was a Rhode island red roo with a White leghorn hen. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Rooster Ray.

I had some hatch out awhile back. 3 were mostly white with some red on the wings and one was a beatifull golden red color, more red than golden. I sold them and wished I had kept the gold one.

Quote:
I know what you mean I was really shocked when it hatched out by the rust colored head but I am sure someone on here has mixed these two breeds before and I cant wait to see what the little chick might look like someday thanks for the response.

I have had a few crosses hatch out, the chicks in my experience have been anywhere from yellow and black to red. Adults just about the same, lighter rust and red, to red and white mix, i even have on that is mainly light red with white dots.

if you want a red sex-link you should have a RIR or NH as a roo and a BR hen, not a white leghorn (which doesn't contain a silver gene and a BR does)

Last edited:
Here is a picture of the chick in question the one in the back came from the leghorn egg.
18865_chicks_003.jpg

im so sorry
roll.png
I was thinking of BLACK sex-link since you mentioned a black chick. I do not know how that RED came in there so sorry
roll.png
that is embarrasing.

Back
Top Bottom