1. Come check out hundreds of awesome coop pages (and a few that need suggestions) in our 2018 Coop Rating Project!

Does anyone have a pic of a true aracauna?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by cejunes, Aug 5, 2010.

1. cejunes

cejunes Songster

Jul 14, 2010
    Post Falls, ID
    I would really like to see a picture of a true aracauna... the rumpless with tufts on the cheeks. I know they are not very common. I would also like to see what the coloring is on one. Thanks.

2. acid_chipmunk

acid_chipmunk Polish Silkies d'Uccles O my!

Mar 29, 2010
    Look the the Breeds, Genetics, and Showing forum.

3. cejunes

cejunes Songster

Jul 14, 2010
    Post Falls, ID
    Okay... thanks. I will do that. I love your avatar. I'm looking for some polish cresteds for my girls (or other fancy breeds) but can't find any in my area and don't want to order from a hatchery. I'll find some eventually.

4. acid_chipmunk

acid_chipmunk Polish Silkies d'Uccles O my!

Mar 29, 2010
    If you have an incubator, PM baregretchen. I got all of my Polish from her, including the one in my avatar. She has awesome birds!

5. CityChicker

CityChicker Songster

Mar 21, 2009
    Quote:Not very common?!? LOL, they are everywhere! All the hatcheries have them. They can come in any color and lay all sorts of colors of eggs. LOL.

Just kidding! I felt like being ornery there for a minute. LOL. I know hinkjc has them and has some great pictures on their site. http://www.hinkjcpoultry.com/araucana.htm HTH. [​IMG]

6. cejunes

cejunes Songster

Jul 14, 2010
    Post Falls, ID
    I know varieties of them are everywhere. I have three of them. The one I wanted to see were the ones that are considered "pure bred" - tufts on the cheeks and rumpless. Mine lay a light green egg.

7. CityChicker

CityChicker Songster

Mar 21, 2009
    Cejunes- I was totally joking. I thought you would be able to tell from my post, LOL.

8. Tuffoldhen

Tuffoldhen Flock Mistress

Jan 30, 2007
    WV
  9. cejunes

cejunes Songster

Jul 14, 2010
    Post Falls, ID
    I was totally joking. I thought you would be able to tell from my post, LOL.

I know you were joking... I just think it's funny how many people advertise their EE's as Aracaunas. I love me EE's but would like to get an Aracauna that has the tufts and rumpless.​

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by