Does anyone have a pic of egg yolk poop?

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by justplainbatty, Jan 20, 2015.

1. justplainbatty

justplainbatty Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 30, 2007
    emmet MI
    One of my BO's looks like she is developing water belly. Up until 2 days ago she was laying beautiful eggs. While my son and I were trying to decide whether to drain her, she got really flighty and fought. She had some watery poop and then one that seemed decidedly eggy. We were doing this at 3pm, past when she should have laid but, my final egg count for the day is not in and even so, I don't always get a perfect count. She was pooping just fine until we were handling her[​IMG] We did a vent check and did not feel any shell inside. Any thoughts on what to do now?

ETA: egg count is minus two brown eggs.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2015
  2. casportpony

casportpony Team Tube Feeding Captain & Poop Inspector General Premium Member Project Manager

Jun 24, 2012
    My Coop
    Can you post a picture of her poop?

-Kathy

3. justplainbatty

Nov 30, 2007
    emmet MI
    I will see if my hubby's phone will work to do it if she poops that again. it was mostly clear with a very slight yellow tinged parts. I put my finger through it and it felt like egg, idk and I'm worried. She is inside tonight and is eating and drinking ok. I have not seen any poop since her eggy poop and vent exam. :( She is scarfing down scrambled eggs right now. I hope she poops soon.....

4. casportpony

casportpony Team Tube Feeding Captain & Poop Inspector General Premium Member Project Manager

Jun 24, 2012
    My Coop
    Keeping her inside where it's nice and warm will help her if she isn't feeling well.

-Kathy

5. justplainbatty

Nov 30, 2007
    emmet MI
    Well, a few minutes after my last post last night, she pooped a big pile of green/white mix. It was a little loose but pretty normal looking. She seems to be feeling fine, a little agitated being kept in a cage. She is active, eating and drinking. I am keeping her in a room that is only around 67*. When I bring her out where it's over 74* she pants. I don't know if it's nerves, the heat or what. She is used to very cold temps outside.
    I am waiting for my camera to charge, will some pics of her. (then read on how to post pics, I have no clue).
    No poop to take pics of yet today. Any idea why she isn't pooping much?

6. casportpony

Jun 24, 2012
    My Coop
    How much is she drinking?

-Kathy

7. justplainbatty

Nov 30, 2007
    emmet MI
    Wonderful update! She ate and drank well today, regular food plus cabbage and yogurt. All her poop looks normal. She was scratching and banging in her cage all day. I let her out for a while, she did a few laps around the bathroom, totally active. At 5:20 this eve she laid a perfect pink egg! She went back out to the coop right away and was very happy to go home! I will keep an eye on her and her hind end though. thank you for the support. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by