Does anyone have a picture of a Dominique egg?

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by steffpeck, Aug 31, 2007.

1. steffpeck

steffpeck Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 25, 2007
    Erda, UT
    We have red sex-links, buff orp's, and dominique hens. I know for sure which eggs are the sex-links as my husband saw one being layed, and looking at pictures on here, I think I can tell which are the orpington eggs, which would logically tell me which ones were the dominiques, but I just want to know for sure. The ones that I think are dominique eggs are a tan with dark brown spots, and they are textured, so weird, they feel like the spray texture paint. Thanks for they help!

2. Jimagination

Jimagination Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 17, 2007
    Lancaster, PA
  3. new2chicks GBG PA

new2chicks GBG PA Out Of The Brooder

Jul 25, 2007
    Greensburg, PA
    We have Dominiques and the eggs are as you described. Kind of a rosey tan with a few speckels and some texture. I wish I could throw a pic on here for you but right now I don't want to pay for a photo account.

Yeah the chicks have me pegged already...CHEAP!! CHEAP!! LOL

4. Happyhenz

Happyhenz Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 15, 2007
    Canberra Australia
    hi new2chicks,GBG,PA if you use photobucket.com its FREE! i like that word FREE [​IMG]

Its easy to use too and has all the codes to help you post pics in forums [​IMG]

Cheers Happyhenz

5. new2chicks GBG PA

new2chicks GBG PA Out Of The Brooder

Jul 25, 2007
    Greensburg, PA
    OK I got the photobucket!

So I'm going to try to post a pic.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 2, 2007
  6. steffpeck

steffpeck Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 25, 2007
    Erda, UT
    Thanks everyone. Jimagination that little egg she has on her blog looks exactly like the ones we are getting. She has some awesome pictures on there. Everytime we get a dominique egg, my DH says poor chicken that had to lay the rough egg, it must hurt! [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 2, 2007
  7. ella

ella Chillin' With My Peeps

Every individual chicken's egg is slightly different. I started out with five different breeds, but had at least 20 noticeably different colored eggs.

Sometimes you can see a pattern within a breed, but often that is not the case, especially with brown egg layers. [​IMG] enjoy the individuality!

8. Happyhenz

Happyhenz Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 15, 2007
    Canberra Australia
    awww they are so cute!

All i need now is a bator then i will have bubba chicks of my own [​IMG]

9. barg

barg Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 27, 2007
    Any Day Now, I'll have a dominique egg or two to post.
    The girls are being stubborn and not laying, but they cant hold out too much longer [​IMG]

10. rosyposyosy

rosyposyosy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 11, 2007
    wow! you learn something new every day!! this was on that blog you posted jimagination:

Cuckoo Marans - They seem to look a lot like Dominiques. But the eggs they lay are very dark brown. "Marans" is both the singular and the plural name.​

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by