Does anyone have a Rival Breadmaker?

Discussion in 'Egg, Chicken, & Other Favorite Recipes' started by SterlingAcres, Nov 14, 2008.

1. SterlingAcres

SterlingAcres Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 17, 2008
    Poconos, PA
    The woman I got this from was sick and didn't look for the book. I'm supposed to meet her tomorrow, since she said she's 100% certain she has it and offered some glass bakeware I was also looking for.

Until then, I'm trying a recipe tonight. It looks like a 2lb loaf maker, but I made a recipe for 1.5lb loaf instead. Now, there is only a start and stop button, but it clearly says 'Knead/Rise, Bake, Warm'. How do I get it to cook the bread? [​IMG] It's been threw 2 knead cycles and beeped. I messed with it and it's kneading again... how do I get it to cook? Did I mention that? [​IMG] Please help!!

2. Dar

Dar Overrun With Chickens

Jul 31, 2008
    can you look for a model number?

with mine i have a "select" button that allows me to select the finction that is highlited....i use the function button until the desired program is hi-lighted and press select...if you cant find a model number what about a pic?..you can go to the rival site and download the instructions

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 14, 2008
  3. SterlingAcres

Apr 17, 2008
    Poconos, PA
  4. Dar

Dar Overrun With Chickens

Jul 31, 2008
    i know mine will mix the stuff...as well as kneed....it will rest.....then kneed again...then finally start to bake....thats on the bread option...so maybe you stopped it mid process

total time ..kneeding to end of bake is i think just over an hour

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 14, 2008
  5. SterlingAcres

Apr 17, 2008
    Poconos, PA
    On the top of mine, it says (paraphrasing here) 'if you're making bread dough for the oven, turn the machine off when it beeps and remove the mixing pan by the handle.' I let it set for 30 minutes after it beeped and it still didn't do anything... [​IMG]

6. ams3651

ams3651 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 23, 2008
    NE PA
    do a search, maybe they have a manual or recipe on their website.

7. herbsherbsflowers

herbsherbsflowers Chillin' With My Peeps

May 25, 2008
    Covington, GA
    It really takes a long time to go through the whole process. It has to rise twice and all that. It is a several hour process.

8. SterlingAcres

Apr 17, 2008
    Poconos, PA
    Quote:Ugh. I had it on for about 1.5 hours and it wasn't baking yet... I took it out and stuck it in the oven. I guess if it does nothing but knead and rise, it's still cool with me. The boys can 'set it and forget it' after adding ingredients. LOL

Thank you for the replies. [​IMG] I appreciate it!

9. SterlingAcres

Apr 17, 2008
    Poconos, PA
    Of course...
    I made another loaf and let it sit for 1 hour and 40 minutes. It's baking in there. That 10 minutes would have killed me, right? [​IMG]

I can't wait to see it finished.

10. Karlachix

Karlachix Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 21, 2008
    NorthEast
    [​IMG] It always seems obvious in retrospect!

We love to use the dough cycle to make pizza dough. Mmmm!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by