does anyone have an EE who lays a blue egg?

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by chkinut, Jan 13, 2011.

1. chkinut

chkinut Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 25, 2010
    Leesburg, Ohio
    just wondering if anyone has an EE who lays a blue egg? i wonder what the chances are (if any at all) to get a blue laying EE? my 2 girls lay the same color (lt. green). i'm getting 3 more EE in march (chicks) and i was just curious if i COULD be on the lookout for a nice blue egg?

2. NicoleRM

NicoleRM Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 2, 2007
    Williston, FL
    I got my 7 from the feed store last spring (they order from Ideal), and only one lays a green egg. The other 6 all lay pretty pale blue eggs.

3. chkinut

chkinut Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 25, 2010
    Leesburg, Ohio
    WOW!! how nice! my 2 girls that i have now came from MPC (which i was totally happy with)...but this year i've ordered from Meyer (which i think that's where MPC gets their stock from anyway). so hopefully i'll get at least ONE blue egg layer.

4. key west chick

key west chick Chillin' With My Peeps

May 31, 2008
    Gainesville, GA
    I have an EE thats lays a bluer egg than my Ameraucana.

5. moonlyghtegirl

moonlyghtegirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 16, 2009
    My special needs EE lays the blue egg in my group...So much for breeding for more, she is cross beaked!

6. Goose and Fig

Goose and Fig Grateful Geese

Apr 19, 2009
    Fall Creek Falls TN
    Quote:Me too! Nice surprise [​IMG]

7. draye

draye Overrun With Chickens

Nov 30, 2010
    Arkansas
    I've never been so lucky as to get an Easter Egger that lays a blue egg. I am considering trying to find an Ameraucana rooster to put over my easter Egger hen (they are really terriffic layers) to try to get the next generation to laying blue eggs (not that I want all to lay blue eggs I still like the shades of green thrown in there). Then I've heard that Ameraucna's don't always lay the blue egg themselves, so it's back to the same old green eggs again.

8. Germaine_11.20

Germaine_11.20 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 6, 2009
    Idaho
    All my EE's lay blue eggs as blue as Ameraucanas. I was surprised to find out that some don't.

9. new chick 203

new chick 203 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 8, 2010
    Ridgefield CT
    This was my very first egg ever just this morning from my EE Rosie. [​IMG]I would call this a greenish blue. She came from MPC.
    [​IMG]

10. Judy

Judy Moderator Staff Member

Feb 5, 2009
    South Georgia
    Of my 3 EE's, 2 lay blue and the other a light tan or pinkish tan.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by