does anyone have any nice drakes?

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by happyhens44, Jul 24, 2010.

1. happyhens44

happyhens44 BroodyAddict

Apr 25, 2010
    Northern WI
    do you have any nice drakes, What breed? if so can i see pics of him?

2. lovesduckies

lovesduckies Bedroom Farm Inc.

Jan 11, 2010
    the ducky room
    i have a nice drake. he's a muscovy. he's only nice to me though hahaha

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    sitting on my lap
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

the first pictures are newer. his crauncles grew more when he went outside.

3. callducklover20

callducklover20 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 5, 2010
    Bonner Springs, KS
    All My drakes are very sweet-I have none of the problems but they also have all separate living quarters except my young call boys, the young call boys have been very mean to the 2 month call duck girls though but they are my best buddies to me

4. ElizabethinNY

ElizabethinNY Out Of The Brooder

Mar 5, 2009
    Central NY
    My Roger is a pretty nice little guy. He defends his "ladies" from the chickens. He's a call duck. Here he is with Hattie, his best girlfriend.

[​IMG]

When he was a little younger, giving me the "eye."

[​IMG]

He's a handsome fella. His name was originally Gwendolyn! [​IMG] He's cute and I love his little non-quack. His friend Hattie has a BIG MOUTH!! Who needs a dog to bark when someone pulls in when you have Hattie!? She's louder than the dogs, all in a pint-sized package.

5. Red Maple Farms

Red Maple Farms Wish Granted

Feb 25, 2010
    NE Wisconsin
    My muscovy drakes are so nice that they will fight to the death over dominance. I have one pair of drakes that fight at least once a week. I can tell this by all the grass that has been flattened after a battle.

6. lovesduckies

lovesduckies Bedroom Farm Inc.

Jan 11, 2010
    the ducky room
    Quote:i feel lucky then. i only have one drake. [​IMG]

7. Sweetfolly

Sweetfolly Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 17, 2009
    Kildare, Wisconsin
    My mature Hookbill drake is such a sweetie, and my two younger Hookbill boys (hatched April of this year), seem to be just as friendly so far...my Campbell drakes are complete wusses [​IMG]...I'd call all of my drakes "nice" except my Runner drake. He's turned into a mean little stinkpot lately. [​IMG]

8. Red Maple Farms

Red Maple Farms Wish Granted

Feb 25, 2010
    NE Wisconsin
    Quote:i feel lucky then. i only have one drake. [​IMG]

This is the new alpha male. He killed the last alpha to get the honor. There are now three drakes under him. All I care is that he is white, meaty, fertile and a fast grower.

[​IMG]

9. happyhens44

happyhens44 BroodyAddict

Apr 25, 2010
    Northern WI
    them are some preety males there [​IMG] I hope my males stay "nice" I have 2 drake pekins and a male Mallard still young. My mallards 16 weeks and my pekins Are 12 weeks

10. MysticalMom

MysticalMom Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2009
    When hormones are going crazy, sometimes I wish I had all girls. [​IMG] Anyway...A couple of my drakes are nice and gentlemen to all the ladies and us... a couple of them are jerks and 1 of them is just a menace. ( though he's gotten better since he has PLENTY of girls around him now) But my muscovy drake.. Gerry... he's just coolest. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by