1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Does ANYONE Have Chicks Right Now?

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by BlueCamas, Oct 10, 2011.

1. BlueCamas

BlueCamas Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 25, 2011
    Milwaukie, Oregon
    I'm looking on Craigslist, at breeders, and hatcheries. Nobody has available chicks right now. I know that hatcheries are sold out and breeders slow down, but I really REALLY don't want to wait til January for chicks [​IMG] Does anyone on here know of a hatchery or breeder that have chicks right now, or does anyone have chicks that they can ship? I would get eggs, but I have never incubated before and I would be worried of getting nice eggs getting attached and then loosing them :-/ Anyone got advice?

2. vebyrd36

vebyrd36 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 28, 2010
    New Ringgold Pa
    Hon try ideal hatchery.

3. Hot2Pot

Hot2Pot Fox Hollow Rabbitry

Feb 1, 2010
    West TN
    Quote:I have chicks but do not ship. Where are you?

4. Criskin

Criskin Lost somewhere in a book

I received a shipment from Ideal just last week.

5. Funky Feathers

Funky Feathers former Fattie

Jan 15, 2009
    Maryland
    My Coop
    I have 15 2 week old Mille Fleur Cochin (bantam) project chicks. But they are not cheap. They are $25 each. I ship. [​IMG]

6. Chinchilla2

Chinchilla2 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 9, 2011
    Red Rock
    Quote:Depending on what you are looking for there may be some BYC'ers in the Auction section that have some chicks available. For hatcheries, try Ideal Poultry. They may slow down a little in the winter but normally have chicks available year round.

7. jm93030

jm93030 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2009
    Poultry Hatchery and Privett Hatchery are still shipping many breeds

8. Illia

Illia Crazy for Colors

Oct 19, 2009
    Forks, WA
    Right now through winter is a pretty bad time to look for chicks honestly, but I'm sure someone out there has some.

You can actually check your state in the "Where am I? Where are you?" section and ask there. I'm sure someone's got some but doesn't add them to Craigslist. [​IMG]

9. CarolJ

CarolJ Dogwood Trace Farm

Jun 3, 2011
    Middle Tennessee
    I don't know what breeds you want, but Meyer Hatchery has Leghorns and Dominques available next week - and maybe others - it just depends on what breeds you want. Their "Assorted Polish" is available next week, too. The "All pullet rainbow pack" is available Oct. 24th. Check all their assortments - several are available either next week or the next.

10. georgiagail

georgiagail Chillin' With My Peeps

I also received an order from Ideal Poultry last week.

They don't require that one buys a minimum of 15 to 25 chicks (I ordered 9 Millie Fleurs) like many, although they do add extra chicks for warmth and comfort. One needs to order at least $25 worth which is good if you only want a smaller order.

I also like Ideal because (Bantams excluded) you can specify sex desired or order straight run.

Gail

Last edited: Oct 11, 2011

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by