Does anyone have geese & ducks together?

cockadoodlemom

Crowing
16 Years
Feb 25, 2007
Texas
I have mine together and I am wondering if I need to seperate them
idunno.gif
I have noticed one of my Chinese geese trying to mate with a buff duck. Am I crazy?
barnie.gif
I don't want that big goose hurting that little duck.
106_2202.jpg
106_2201.jpg

I have mine together. When Broose the Goose was a young confused ganderling, he mated with one of my pekin ducks. Now he has 2 goose girls to himself and he leaves the others alone.
smile.png

terrielacy Thanks! maybe that's the problem they are young and confused. They are 18wks old. Do you think the duck is a buff orpington?

I keep my geese and ducks together... 9 geese & 13 ducks.. they get along alright.. they all free range so they dont have to stay near each other.. 8 of the geese stay in the creek all night and the one lone goose goes in the house with the ducks.. she actaully gets along better with the ducks then the geese... But other then the geese hissing if they get to close... they seem to get long alright:)

I have 16 sebastopol geese and 15 ducks (mostly runners) who are pastured together. The geese and ducks mostly stay with their own species groups with a couple exceptions..... One is a goose who raised most of the ducks as her own, she hangs out with them sometimes instead of the other geese. And, two of the runner ducks think that they are geese since they were raised with a group of goslings. They shun the other ducks and stay with the geese all the time. One runner has had leg problems off and on and has been housed with the giant cochins...... when scared she runs and climbs in the nest box with a broody cochin hen. LOL.

chel

Back
Top Bottom