Does anyone have Naked Necks? I just got a chick. update pic

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by r4eboxer, Nov 8, 2011.

1. r4eboxer

r4eboxer Crooked Creek Poultry

Sep 20, 2011
    Fairmont
    [​IMG] She is NOISY! I mean really noisy. Is this standard for the breed or do I just have a jabber jaws. She is so ugly she is cute. I think she is my new fav! Shh don't tell the rest. [​IMG]

decided to upload a pic of her, too cute! Even cuter when she stretches her neck. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 8, 2011
  2. coonhoundmama87

coonhoundmama87 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 26, 2011
    Wisconsin
    I love naked necks [​IMG] (or turkens as we call them)!! All of mine actually tend to be on the quiet side lol. They are adorable when they are fuzzy yet but I think they are pretty darn cute even when fully grown!

3. flowerchild59

flowerchild59 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 25, 2010
    Southern IL
    When I had them, my NN girls were the noisiest birds I had. They talked constantly and were so friendly. Gosh, I really miss them!!!

4. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    I have had the opposite experience. I have 4 pure NNs, a NN/brahma and a NN/EE. My naked necks are bossy, but not loud. My salmon faverolles were my noisiest birds. After I lost them to a hawk and summer heat, my speckled sussex's took over as the noisiest.

5. erinchelsea

erinchelsea Chillin' With My Peeps

May 23, 2010
    Webster City, IA
    I have 2, and they are definitely the noisiest and friendliest birds I have. They were the first to lay as well. I'm sure you'll love yours! What a sweetie!

6. Tracydr

Tracydr Chillin' With My Peeps

They lay nice big brown eggs, too.

7. MamaMarcy

MamaMarcy Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 28, 2011
    Snohomish, WA
    Awwwww so cute!!! I have 6 eggs in the bator right now ... so hoping they grow!!

8. r4eboxer

r4eboxer Crooked Creek Poultry

Sep 20, 2011
    Fairmont
    Quote:She is bossy too, I can't believe how she is hen pecking the others already. She is the boss of this group I just wonder how she will fair when they join the older flock. Ethel has her work cut out ( my current boss) I named the nn Elvira.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by