Does anyone have Penedescencas? I have questions

mediazeal

Songster
10 Years
Feb 26, 2009
What kind do you have?

Where did you get them?

Have you had any luck hatching shipped eggs?

Do they do better if you let them hatch them out themselves?

Do they hatch ok if they just go from coop to incubator?

Do you have pics of the chicks as they grow up into their adult feathers?

----------------
My Answers:

What kind do you have?
I have 2 partridge penes

Where did you get them?
hatching eggs, gabbard farms

Have you had any luck hatching shipped eggs?
I got 2 hatched out of 6
Another 10 had to wait for another incubator and didn't hatch

Do they do better if you let them hatch them out themselves?
no idea, since I've only had the shipped eggs

Do they hatch ok if they just go from coop to incubator?
no idea, since I've only had the shipped eggs

Do you have pics of the chicks as they grow up into their adult feathers?
They look like little chipmunk stripes when they first hatch. AT 4 weeks, my little girl (I think) is getting very defined partridge feathers in. My little guy looks all brown and some color but not defined like the little girl. I'm wondering if this is typical sex differences or one is not true partridge, etc.

Anyone out there? I know there is at least 1 or 2 members with Pene's
I've decided mine are definately both partridge. I think the boys really are just much different looking early on. Good part is it makes it easy to see what you have at 3 or 4 weeks.

Quote:
The ones I got were more terra cota color. The Black Copper Maran eggs I have in now were darker.
I am looking for another source.

It's just the eggs don't seem to do well when shipped or these were not really a good group of eggs, not sure.

Anyway, the chicks are beautiful.

Do you have a pic of your chicks? I ordered blue birchen marans and blue copper marans and I had one littler speckled egg. When it hatched the chick was like a little hood. He was obviously not like any of the others. I emalied and they said they must have thrown in a partridge pendesca egg by mistake. Still not sure? Are they little striped chicks?

Quote:
They are little chipmunk stripe markings
more a yellowish tan with brown or black markings
there are some good pics of them on the feathersite
http://www.feathersite.com/Poultry/CGP/Penes/BRKPenes.html
pics of partridge chicks at the bottom

The little girl I have is getting very defined partridge feathering
the little boy is much bigger, huge comb and pretty brown feathers with less defined partridge colors

little girl at 4 weeks
penefemale4wks1.jpg

little boy at 4 weeks
penemale4wks3.jpg

Hi, I have a trio of Wheaton Pendescas , bought them off a guy on craigslist. Don't know what the chicks look like yet this will be the first time setting their eggs,.the eggs are a very dark terra cotta color, the hens lay frequently.Lately everyday. I have searched for more for months with no luck. None on ebay, I have bought eggs from ebay. I get about a 50% hatch rate give or take. I don't order eggs during extreme weather

Back
Top Bottom