Does anyone have pics of Dom/WL or Dom/NHR crosses?

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by mrc, Jun 24, 2011.

1. mrc

mrc Out Of The Brooder

May 4, 2011
    Upstate SC
    Does anyone have any pics of cross involving a Dominique rooster and a either a white leghorn or a New Hampshire Red hen? I've got a couple of Dom roos and a few of each of the hens. I might let one of the hens set next year if she goes broody and was wondering what I might could get... Thanks!

2. mrc

mrc Out Of The Brooder

May 4, 2011
    Upstate SC
    I just realized this is probably the wrong forum:rolleyes:. I'd delete this thread if I knew how!

3. vnsseed

vnsseed Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 12, 2009
    New Hampshire
    Depending on how "pure" your Dominique is, you will probably get a "dirty" looking Dominique. Meaning you will get a Dominique pattern and colored offspring with a few patches of white or, if NHR, splotches of brown. At least that has been our experience. You can see pics on our FB page of some of our crosses.

ETA: I should add that will be the results of a rooster offspring... the hens would come out almost all black, see our Facebook page under photos, 1st Generation Dunghill Fowl album.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2011
  4. Chris09

Chris09 Circle (M) Ranch

Jun 1, 2009
    Ohio
    With the White Leghorn being Dominant White offspring out of the American Dominique /Leghorn cross should be mainly White with some faint barring.
    Now the offspring out of the American Dominique /New Hampshire cross will be Barred with the Roosters having some Gold (Red) leaking through in the Wing, Neck and at the Base of the tail.
    Barring has a hard time covering the Gold color as in Rhode Island Red, New Hampshire, Black Breasted Red etc.

Chris

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by