Does anyone have pics of SLW??

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by wundernurse, Mar 27, 2009.

1. wundernurse

wundernurse Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 26, 2009
    Atlanta
    I am trying to figure out if my SLW pullets are pullets. They are 8 weeks old with no comb development, but have pink colored waddles. Anyone have 8 week old SLW pics of pullets or cockerals?

2. ThreeBoysChicks

ThreeBoysChicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 19, 2007
    Thurmont, MD
    I don't have any 8 week old SLW pics. They will have a rose comb. I would think the comb would be getting red by now if it were a boy. But the waddles, hummmm.. Can you post pics for us to see? Let the Wyandotee experts take a look.

3. slickchick

slickchick Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 2, 2007
    Mertztown, Pa
    These SLW are 4 1/2 weeks old. The one on the left has a much redder comb. This one I would suspect is a roo. The one on the right is a hen. They are almost 6 weeks old now and his comb is bright red now compared to the two others I have. I'm not an expert, but that is my opinion. His legs are much bigger as well. If I get any more pictures taken this week, I will post here so you can see the difference. Hope this helps.

[​IMG]

4. wundernurse

Jan 26, 2009
    Atlanta
    Thanks slickchick. Your pics helped out a lot. I think my two are girls. They look more like your hen. Does she have a pink color to her waddles? Mine do, but there is no length to them. Never had SLWs before, so I was not sure what to expect.

5. ziggy

ziggy Out Of The Brooder

Jun 27, 2008
    CA Central Coast
    Pullet at 8 weeks.

[​IMG]

Those little waddles peeked out at 3/4 weeks, but she had no real comb development until after she started to lay.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2009
  6. Delta2 23

Delta2 23 Flock Master

Sep 4, 2008
    you can look in OPS!!

7. wundernurse

Jan 26, 2009
    Atlanta
    I am still confused. There is no comb development, but those little waddles are pink. Guess we will have the wait and see. They were sold as pullets from Ideal and they both look pretty much the same so hopefully they are girls.

8. slickchick

slickchick Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 2, 2007
    Mertztown, Pa
    Here are my 8 week olds. One roo(left) one pullet(right)

[​IMG]

9. tabatha_westcott

tabatha_westcott Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 18, 2009
    I was told this was a roo. His comb was bright pink very early
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by