Does anyone have pictures of these Buff Orpington crosses?

redfeather

Songster
9 Years
Oct 28, 2010
Well, I am planning on getting a few hens of a few different breeds in the late winter/early spring, and since I have a B.O. roo, I was just curious as to what would happen if I let any of the new girls hatch eggs...

So... if you have a pic of the following crosses, please show me! Feel free to post other Buff Orpington crosses as well! (and I know even chicks from the same parents of a cross can look completely different from eachother, but I would still love some examples!)

Most interested in what these would look like...

BO x Delaware

BO x Welsummer

BO x Cuckoo Maran

BO x Salmon Favorelle

These are others that are frequently offered on a regular basis, and I am curious about them as well.

BO x Red Sex-linx

BO x Rhode Island Red

BO x Barred Rock

BO x hatchery amarecaune/EE's or whatever they sell

Hello... I have BO and Golden Comets (which I believe is a red sexlink!) So, I thought I would post my one and only baby so far....

This is him as a chick.

40114_hpim4954.jpg

He (or she) will be 3 months old on the 22nd. I can try to get some pics of him now... But, he is so energetic!!
wee.gif

I wish I had half as much energy as him! Or could I bottle it? Hmmmm..... LOL JK

Very lovely boy you have there, Jaboyd2u.

Your chicky is very cute, mychookschick -- See if you can get that adult picture though! I would love to see him/her!

Quote:
Thanks! If you can see the hen in the back she is the same cross. I had the opposite combo, Rhode Island red Roo/Buff Orpington hen.

I have 3 Orp/Del crosses and 3 Orp/EE crosses. They all have the same roo over different hens.

This is Sassy this past weekend:

60407_11-14-10_003.jpg

This picture was taken in September - you can see the difference in the comb/wattle on Sassy:

Meringue - white splash Orp/EE
Verde - very back - blue Orp/EE
Chucklina - back right - blue splash Orp/Del
Cabo - middle - blue splash Orp/Del
Sassy - front - blue splash Orp/Del

60407_9-6-2010_044.jpg

Last edited:
BO x Delaware would make Sex-Links. I asked Tadkerson (VERY knowledgeable about chicken color genetics) about BO x Delaware, and he said:

"Females- buff columbian like - with very little black in the hackles

males - delaware like- almost white with some black in the tail- very little or no black in the hackles. Older males may develop some buff or yellowish color in the pyle zone ( neck hackles, back, saddle hackles)."

BO x Rhode Island Red makes dark gold/orange birds with green/black tails

BO x Barred Rock also makes Sex-Links! Here are some pics of my pullets (the color results would be very similar with a Cuckoo Maran, BTW). I gave away all the cockerels as chicks, but they matured into a silvery barred color...
48412_liesls_pics_575.jpg

48412_liesls_pics_585.jpg

48412_liesls_pics_602.jpg

And here they are as chicks, far left and third left are females (gold face), far right is a male (silver face), and second left is a purebred Buff Orpington.
48412_copy_of_liesls_pics_538.jpg

Quote:
Must be a BO roo over del ladies. I did a Del roo over a few BO hens, and the only way to tell the difference after 5 months was males had burnt orange coloring in hackle and tail. Females, had gray legs and looked just like full Del hens otherwise.

Quote:
Must be a BO roo over del ladies. I did a Del roo over a few BO hens, and the only way to tell the difference after 5 months was males had burnt orange coloring in hackle and tail. Females, had gray legs and looked just like full Del hens otherwise.

Yes, Tadkerson was describing a BO roo on Del hens.
wink.png

Quote:
BO X Delaware would give Sexlinks like Cowgirl71 explained

B0 X Barred Rock or Cuckoo Marans would give blacks sexlinks like the ones Cowgirl posted, I also have some of these.

BO X Wellsummer should give basicly buff columbian

BOX Salmon fav should also be a sexlink cross since salmon favs are silver wheaten with autosomal red so I'm guessing it would be Buff Columbian pullets and roos that look Silver Columbian with some yellow coloring.

B0 X RIR or Red Sexlink would give the same as Jaboyd2u posted but if the Red Sexlinks have white tails then half of their offspring should have white tails too.

BO X EE could be anything depending on what colors the EE has.

Back
Top Bottom