Does anyone have pink EE eggs?

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by pinetown chickens, Sep 16, 2009.

1. pinetown chickens

pinetown chickens New Egg

Sep 16, 2009
    NC
    I have some EE's that lay blue and green. I am looking for pink eggs. I would like pink from EE's but another type chicken would be fine. I would like egg size to be at least med and prefer large. This is my first post but have been looking for about 6 months. I am in NC.

2. dave3877

dave3877 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 16, 2007
    crockett, texas
    i sure dont im on the hunt with you there though. ive got green and blues though but not for sale

Last edited: Sep 16, 2009
  3. peachick

peachick Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 8, 2007
    Maryland 21787
    my standard cochin hens lay what Id consider to be a pink egg... its sure not brown or tan... I got them as chciks from the feed store so they are hatchery quality and not the best representation of the breed... you could consider them a mutt like the EE's.... but the eggs are pretty.
    So maybe you could look for standard cochins too.

4. Goose and Fig

Goose and Fig Grateful Geese

Apr 19, 2009
    Fall Creek Falls TN
    My banty cochins lay pink eggs too. They're molting right now, but I'll send you some later for shipping cost if you want. All the chicks would be black, but carry a white gene (moms are white).

5. Atlchick

Atlchick Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 5, 2009
    Grayson, GA
    I have a dozen of mixed blue/green/pink Easter Egger eggs ready for shipment now. I should have enough for a pink-only dozen in another week or so. Here's a picture. [​IMG]

6. lauralou

lauralou Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 10, 2007
    Central Virginia
    I have some Dominiques that lay a very pinkish tinted egg. I think that a lot of very light brown eggs look pink. The rosy hue fades a bit when they are refrigerated.

So consider Dominiques, too.

[​IMG]

7. lauralou

lauralou Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 10, 2007
    Central Virginia
    Oh, and welcome to BYC!

8. Joyryder

Joyryder Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 11, 2009
    Scandia, PA
    Quote:Love your eggs, CONGRATS!!! My EEs havent laid yet. Looking at your picture gets me excited!

9. houndit

houndit There is no H or F in Orpington!

Jul 13, 2008
    Braymer Missouri
    I had them all year and I could not sell them. I do not have any right now. If I get some I will let you know. I usually get $3.00 for 6 plus eggs and $11.00 for shipping.

10. backyard clucker

backyard clucker Out Of The Brooder

Mar 30, 2009
    Auburn, IN
    Atlchick sent a PM

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by