Does ANYONE have Porcelain d'Uccles??

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by crystalchik, Jun 18, 2010.

1. crystalchik

crystalchik Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 15, 2008
    Central Florida
    Does ANYONE have nice show quality Porcelain d'Uccles?! PLEASE post pics or EMAIL me!!!

Last edited: Jun 18, 2010
  2. Sillystunt

Sillystunt Master of the Silly

Jul 11, 2008
    Winter Haven, FL
    i have some but pictures will be hard since my camera is broke. might be able to use phone but will take me a day or so...sorry

3. crystalchik

Jan 15, 2008
    Central Florida
    YES! I would love to see pics!
    If you dont mind, Im going to ask you the basic questions haha [​IMG]

How many do you have?
    What age & sex are they?
    Have you ever shown them?

Thanks so much!

Last edited: Jun 19, 2010
  4. sianara

sianara Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 27, 2007
    Central MA
    Hi,

I have two females, I don't show them they are just pets that give me lots of eggs [​IMG].

Here are a few pix of mine. The first two pix are the "guys". In a flock of 15 chicks I ended up with 11 roosters and four hens! I kept one of the roosters and all of the hens.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This picture is of my four hens and the one rooster I kept. This was in 2007, they are now four years old.
    [​IMG]

eta: They are a very calm and gentle breed. One of the girls "Isabella" always runs over to be picked up when I go into their yard. She's raised 3 small flocks of her own that I gave away to new chicken people (meaning people who were getting chickens for the first time [​IMG] )

Last edited: Jun 22, 2010
  5. crystalchik

Jan 15, 2008
    Central Florida
    Sianara , They are pretty little birds! The hen in the last pic to the left looks really pretty. Is she for sale? And do you have any closer pics of them, like plumage? How much are you asking?

Thank you so much!

6. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    Not sure if Boggy Bottoms Bantams might have some.....I think they do have some d'Uccles.

7. jerseygirl1

jerseygirl1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 20, 2009
    Orange County, NY
    Check Camelot Farms, she sells hatching eggs

8. sianara

sianara Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 27, 2007
    Central MA
    Quote:Oh no, she's not for sale [​IMG]. That is Isabella my favorite girl. I got them from either Ideal or Cackley Hatchery (can't remember but I'll look it up if you are interested).

I will try to get a new close up picture of them in the next few days for you to see the feathers. They are very pretty. Kind of a soft violet color with a light tan and creamy white mixed in. Very distinctive, very pretty. The other female Sophia is more like a rooster. She still lays eggs but I've seen her crow from time to time over the last two years, she sounds like the young roosters sound when they first try out their voices [​IMG] "Gaaaack!!!" She also struts around like she's a rooster too

Last edited: Jun 23, 2010
  9. NellaBean

NellaBean Graceland Farms

Mar 4, 2009
    Broodyland, TN
    My Coop
    I have a bunch! They are not show quality.....I got them from TSC chick days [​IMG]

I ended up with 9 girls and 6 boys, I think. Maybe 10 girls, can't remember.

Too bad you are so far away! I am selling pairs, to reduce the "extra boys"

10. crystalchik

Jan 15, 2008
    Central Florida
    Nellabean, id love to see pics of them if you have them!

Sainara:
    Darn! she looks so pretty! Do you have any chicks from her? And yes I would love more pics!

Thanks everyone!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by