Does anyone have Silver Penciled Rocks.

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by jimnjay, Dec 22, 2008.

1. jimnjay

jimnjay Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2007
    Bryant Alabama
    I just added 5 of these to a friend's McMurray order. I was wondering if anyone had any of the Silver Penciled Rocks and if they were the same disposition as the Barred Rock?

Any from McMurray?

2. jossanne

jossanne Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 11, 2008
    Gila, New Mexico
    No idea, sorry.

Bumping you up, though.

3. CovenantCreek

CovenantCreek Chicks Rule!

Oct 19, 2007
    Franklin, TN
    There's another thread with virtually the same title https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=114105 -- I think someone in that thread mentioned having (or maybe it was having ordered) some from McMurray. I'm keeping my eye on that discussion in hopes of having someone besides McMurray to buy from when I'm ready.

Last edited: Dec 23, 2008
  4. amazondoc

amazondoc Cracked Egghead

Mar 31, 2008
    Lebanon, TN
  5. ghulst

ghulst Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 31, 2008
    Zeeland Michigan
    I would think that that they would be about the same however the barred are a more commercial bred.

6. CityGirlintheCountry

CityGirlintheCountry Green Eggs and Hamlet

Jul 7, 2007
    Middle TN
    Hey, CC! I'm the one that started the other thread. I'm outside of Murfreesboro. Hello, neighbor!
    Keep me posted if you find standard pencilled rocks, will you? I think they're so pretty!

7. CovenantCreek

CovenantCreek Chicks Rule!

Oct 19, 2007
    Franklin, TN
    Quote:I'll do that! I may just order some from McMurray this spring even if I can't keep them -- it seems I wouldn't have too much trouble finding them a good home once my property sells. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by