Does anyone here have a Brinsea Octagon 40?

twinstar

In the Brooder
10 Years
Feb 24, 2009
Dawsonville, GA
So, my hovabator finally bit the dirt. Temps were wild, lots of just odd things going on with it, so I have sent it to a new a new home. Someone was wanting to try it for reptile eggs. Now, I am eyeballing the Brinsea Octagon 40. Does anyone here have one? What do you think of it?

So, my hovabator finally bit the dirt. Temps were wild, lots of just odd things going on with it, so I have sent it to a new a new home. Someone was wanting to try it for reptile eggs. Now, I am eyeballing the Brinsea Octagon 40. Does anyone here have one? What do you think of it?
I have just hatched in my Brinsea Octagon 40. I love it. It was my first ever bater i got for xmas, I set 9 shipped eggs and 8 hatched yesterday. Would of had 9 but it pipped at wrong end. i just went by manuel and filled 2 channels up for the first 18 days then filled all 4 Channels up for last 3 days. I didnt even know what my humidity was as it dosnt tell you but it must of been perfect for them all to hatch. They had nice clean eggs in the inside of there shell too.. You can buy the new octagon 40 with humidity reader.. I contacted Brinsea yesterday to let them know how pleased i was with it...

That sounds great! I think I'll order one. I'm tired of bad hatches with my styros, it's just heart wrenching. The eggs start out well and then in the last week I begin to have problems, they stop growing and if they do make it to the hatch day most are dead in the shell. So sad.
Do you still like yours?

Pluckylady

Back
Top Bottom