Does anyone here Meditate?

herefordlovinglady

It Is What It Is
10 Years
Jun 23, 2009
Georgia
Okay, so I went to see Eat Prat Love yesterday and it has me thinking about all the junk i carry around in my head. i started doing research on the net last night and i am overwhelmed at the sites dedicated to meditation and the amount of money you could eventually fork out to learn the art.

I am curious to know from you if you meditate and how it has helped.

Hi, Yes I meditate and have been doing so for about 2 years. I find it really helps clear all the clutter in my mind and just having a break from the everyday life really helps. One thing I must mention is, it's different for everyone, no 2 experiences are the same. Meditation is dedication, just like anything, you have to practice and ancient ways can not be found in an instant. Saying that everyone I know who meditates is calmer and a lot happier. It doesn't have to cost the earth and I would do your research 1st! there are plenty of scams out there. I live in the UK and acquired my mantra through the London school of meditation as part of the Vedic philosophy I learn. Hope this helps.

OK, let me help you out, here...If you have to pay for some silly, secret sound, which is yours, alone, you are being taken for a ride.

Upon curse of death, here's my old TM mantra: Ah eem...Yeah, sounds pretty close to Ohm, but it's really, really special.

After about two years of that, I decided to get into self hypnosis. You can use a sound, thought, mind picture, and with practice, you will, literally, drop into a trance, for about 15 to 20 minutes, at which time, you will simply come out, and be totally relaxed and refreshed...

These days, I just take a nap....Sleep is the drug of the gods...My saying, BTW.

Yeah, I do from time to time and probably should do it more often. Like others have said, don't pay for a secret sound or other such bs, it really isn't necessary. If you're serious about it, and it really isn't a silly practise, go to the library or your local bookstore and pick up a cd on guided meditation. It's a case of all roads lead to Rome. The key is quieting the mind and allowing your brain to take a rest and let any deeper thoughts come through. Deepak Chopra is one of the most popular meditation gurus of our time and he has zillions of books and cds out.

BTW, did you like the movie? I was thinking of seeing it today.

edited for spelling as usual

Last edited:
Quote:
Yes I loved the movie. I had read the book and loved it. I plan to read the book again and probably will go see the movie again. I know the movie romanticized Elizabeth's journey. She was still a very brave woman to do what she did. I admire her very much.

thanks for your information -- I have been reading a lot today about meditation. It is very interesting. I don't plan to buy anything except maybe a book or something. I just was wanting to know everyone who does meditate what their experience was. I have some issues going on and I am trying to focus and sort them out -- word of advice to those women going through a mid life crisis, beware the movie may push you to the next level.

try yoga..I mean the really hard core yoga..get a DVD and do it at home..it will clear your head and help with strength and flexibility

Back
Top Bottom