Does Anyone Know About GOAT POOP?

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by Broke Down Ranch, Jul 3, 2008.

1. Broke Down Ranch

Broke Down Ranch Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 18, 2007
    Texas
    My tomatoes need copper. Goats need copper. Do the goats absorb all the copper or does some of it pass to their poop? How "hot" is goat poop? My tomatoes are also showing a calcium deficiency so I was considering making an egg shell/goat poop cocktail to put on them. Any ideas or suggestions? DH brought home some fertilizer spikes for tomatoes and there is NO copper OR calcium :|

Last edited: Jul 3, 2008
  2. newnanchic

newnanchic Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 3, 2008
    Newnan, Georgia
    Make some poop tea !!!! Just scoop up th poop and put in a large bucket add water and stir and stir 2 times a day . I usually give it a day or two to gat "ripe" and pour on tomatoes. I don't think it will hurt to put it right around your tomatoes. It does not hurt our frass.

3. Broke Down Ranch

Broke Down Ranch Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 18, 2007
    Texas
    So does the poop just disintegrate in the water?

4. newnanchic

newnanchic Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 3, 2008
    Newnan, Georgia
    You can use any kind of poop chicken cow anykind you have . It will break down in the water. The goat will take longer than cow and chicken.

5. I use plain Epsom salt, just sprinkle around the tomatoes and they love it. cheep to. for thelawn i use a mixture of 1 cup epsonsalt, 1 cup amonia and 1 cup dawn dishwashing detergent. Iuse a sprayer that adjusts to amount per gallon so Ispray about 2 oz per gallon of water on the lawn, flowers garden anything i want to grow. Got this from P. Allen Smith years ago. marrie

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by