Does anyone know about this site?

Well, to me, it's a good way to advertise your farm to help with sales.
$5.00 a year is cheap for advertisement.
Also you can start pedigrees for your flock. So, if you have a nice pair and for instance, you are selling the eggs/chicks, you can offer the pedigree as part of the sale. I think this could be very valuable for those wanting to know what they are breeding.
If you see in the pedigree, that you have for instance, 2 black parents, and then a splash and a blue further back on the pedigree, it would help with breeding choices.
Same goes with any cross-breeding one may be wanting to do. You would know exactly what you are dealing with further back in the line.

Quote:
Either the bird has the blue gene (either blue or splash will be visible), or they're not carrying the gene (they will be black). Having blue or splash in the background of a black bird should not determine whether or not it should be involved in a specific breeding as if the gene is not present then the bird is simply a black bird.

Once I really start breeding, I might register! For now I'll just sit about improving my existing breeding info.

Back
Top Bottom