Does anyone know anthing or have pictures of a red leghorn?

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by cranberrycreekchickens, May 12, 2008.

1. cranberrycreekchickens

cranberrycreekchickens Out Of The Brooder

Feb 23, 2008
    Ontario Canada
    Hi everyone, I have been having a really hard time finding a picture or any information on red leghorns!

I have checked the feathersite and even they don't have any pictures of them!!:eek:

So if any of you have a source of information and or pictures I would really like to see it.

Thanks.

Roman.

2. fancyfowl4ever

fancyfowl4ever Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 17, 2008
    Cranbrook, BC, Canada
    This website here is in German but it has many of the more rare colours of Leghorns Pictured plus discibtions on what the standard of each colour is for show.

http://www.vhgw.de/italiener-seltene-farbschlaege/#Rot

In Europe coloured Leghorns are called Italiens, only leghorn they acctually call a leghorn is the white variety and that is then a American White Leghorn(they also have white Italiens but their standard is a bit dif. from the american white leghorns since those are more commercial and not show birds).

Anyhow, the coloures pictured on that website are in this order:
    Blue breasted red, Blue gold, Gold, Blue Silver, Pyle, Blue, White, Red, Mille Fleur, Columbian, blue spangled, Blue laced red(my fave), White laced Red and Golden laced.

Hope this gives you and Idea what a Good Red Leghorn looks like.

Anna

3. cranberrycreekchickens

cranberrycreekchickens Out Of The Brooder

Feb 23, 2008
    Ontario Canada
    I can't seem to get it to come up.

The internet browser says it can't display the page so could you try it again?

I still want to hear from others.

Thanks

Roman.

4. LilPeeps

LilPeeps Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 13, 2007
    SE Mass

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by