Does Anyone Know Any Good Colleges In St. Louis?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Smartie_Pants, Sep 5, 2009.

1. Smartie_Pants

Smartie_Pants Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 5, 2008
    Madisonville, KY
    I only have 3 schools that I want to apply too, so I'm trying to find a few more just in case. St. Louis is only about 3-4 hours away from here.

Washington University in St. Louis seems like a good school, do you know anyone who has went there or anything about it?

Can you reccommend any other schools that are within 8 hours of here?

Last edited: Sep 5, 2009
  2. FrenchHen

FrenchHen Chicken Ambassador

Jan 26, 2009
    Bagshot Row
    Greenville College is a bit outside of St. Louis.
    I applied there, but didn't go.
    I went to Belmont instead.

I love small liberal arts schools rather than bigger state universities.

3. showme31

showme31 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2007
    Moscow Mills MO
    My hubby went to Wash U. He did the evening program. Very nice campus.

You might also want to look into St Louis University. I haven't been on there campus but have driven by. Seems nice. SLU was in the top 3 for my niece to go to for law school.

What are you planning on going to school for.

4. Smartie_Pants

Smartie_Pants Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 5, 2008
    Madisonville, KY
    Veterinary Medicine, but if something goes wrong my next to choices are Radiological Tech. and Forensic Scientist. Whatever I end up doing, it will be science, and most likely medical, related.

ETA: What did your husband study? Did he have the opportunity to interact with any of the students or see how things go on campus? I want to make sure whereever I go has a student body of hard working people who are there to learn, professors who really take the time to teach and are open and friendly, and that it has a good name.

5. showme31

Jan 11, 2007
    Moscow Mills MO
    You might want to look in Mizzou (in Columbia MO about 1.5-2 hours from St Louis) for the vet med. Southeast Missouri State University might also be one to look into. SEMO is in Cape Girdeau (not sure that city is spelled right) Good luck.

6. showme31

Jan 11, 2007
    Moscow Mills MO
    He studied Information Technology. He said all his profs were knowledgable and friendly. The few business classes he took he enjoyed.

Appears most are serious students. Hey when you are paying that much, you better be serious.

Wash U used to have a good name and I'm sure still does. We haven't done much over there since he graduated.

7. silkiechicken

silkiechicken Staff PhD Premium Member

I have a friend at I think goes to U of Louisville, she's in med school and says it's lots of work. Probably doesn't help much though since all med schools are tons of work.

8. NRacine

NRacine Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 2, 2008
    One of my grad students went to Wash U for Nutrition and it currently pursuing a PhD at U of WI. One of hubby's friends went to Mizzou and had a human physiology degree. Both liked them!

9. Whispering Winds

Whispering Winds Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:I live 6 miles from Greenville, and you don't want to go there. I know, I know its a Christian College, but its over $20,000 a year to go there now, and while they do have some success stories, you can go to another college for much less. SIU-E is just about 20 min. if that out of St. Louis East on I-70 and its a fabulous college. I actually know people that work there. FonBonne, which I didn't spell right, is also a good one as is Lindenwood. St. Charles as a community college, but don't know anything about that one. Good Luck!!!

10. lichick28

lichick28 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 31, 2008
    LONG ISLAND, NEW YORK
    Go to Collegeboard.com It will lead you in the right direction.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by