Does anyone know exactly how to breed certain colors of polish.

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by wwhaley0320, Jul 27, 2010.

1. wwhaley0320

wwhaley0320 New Egg

Jul 27, 2010
    I am wanting to start breeding polish but I am still uncertain how to go about breeding different colors. I mean I know if I breed one color to one color I will get that color but for example what would I get by breeding a gold laced roo with a buff laced hen. I guess am I wanting some kind of a reference sheet that says to get this color breed these two color birds and so on.

Thanks

Jared

2. josh44

josh44 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 16, 2008
    San Antonio Texas
    get half and half
    Gold & Buff Laced I think there is a good chance you might even get white laced Red.

3. wwhaley0320

wwhaley0320 New Egg

Jul 27, 2010
    Okay thats good. I also have a lot of white crested blacks. What combo could I breed in order to get something other than white crested blacks using the wcb I have. Example if I breed my WCB to my gold or buff what would I get.

4. acid_chipmunk

acid_chipmunk Polish Silkies d'Uccles O my!

Mar 29, 2010
    I would not recommend crossing a gold laced with a buff laced. PM baregretchen and ask her about breeding Polish. She is awesome at it and has lots of birds. We got babies from her and she specifically told us that buff can only be bread to buff.

Hope this helps.

5. josh44

josh44 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 16, 2008
    San Antonio Texas
    Most Definatly, I would not recomend crossing colors.
    But if were to do so you might get brown red color/ the black copper look.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by