1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login, otherwise join BYC here!

DOES ANYONE KNOW? HEELPP!!!!

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by Wheaties, Nov 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wheaties

Wheaties Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 21, 2008
    Chattanooga, TN
    Hello forum, I hope I placed this question in the right place. Anyway, I am needing some help regarding eggs being shipped to California. I had a guy recently buy eggs from me and says that I need to send a VS9-3 form with the eggs or he cannot legally import them. Unless he is referring to my NPIP certification, I do not know what a VS9-3 form is. Has anyone ever heard of anything like this?

2. AngelzFyre

AngelzFyre Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 18, 2007
    Pell City, Alabama
    When I looked it up several links came up and this one best explained it as a sales form for exporting/importing chickens between states.

http://www.iowapoultry.com/documents/NPIPRequirements.doc

Out-of-state shipments must have a completed VS 9-3 (record of sales) form for each shipment. Send pink & blue copies to the IPA office. Send the white copy with the shipment and keep the yellow copy for your records.

HTH!

3. AK-Bird-brain

AK-Bird-brain I gots Duckies!

May 7, 2007
    Sterling, Alaska
    I say it sounds like to much extra work, just don't send him eggs. We wouldn't want to do any thing illegal on accident.

4. pasofinofarm

pasofinofarm NONESUCH FARM CONROE TX

Mar 22, 2007
    Near Houston, TX
    When I ship to California I put my eggs in a priority mail box and do not mark them as anything but fragile. Every set I have ever sent (at least 25 or 30) has arrived just fine. Even if your eggs were confiscated in Cali they are not going to come arrest you for shipping eggs without the form they will just not deliver the eggs. So make sure the buyer knows that if that happens it is his problem or that you will resend for postage only... or whatever you do between yourselves.

JMO

5. Wheaties

Nov 21, 2008
    Chattanooga, TN
    Thank you for the responses. All of you have been helpful. It is a copy of the NPIP Form that California wants. Not a problem. Thanks for the link, it really set it straight. As for the poor guy who's wife pretends to be him just to get more chickens, well it sounds like she is a chicken addict like the rest of us. LOL!

6. coffeemama

coffeemama Barista Queen

Mar 5, 2008
    Oregono
    Hey Buddy-you got your name changed-love it [​IMG]

7. glowworm

glowworm Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 10, 2008
    SacraTomato, CA
    I have had boxes marked "hatching eggs" come from out of state with no problems... Not saying you should risk it, but just my own experience.

8. Wheaties

Nov 21, 2008
    Chattanooga, TN
    I spoke with our State Vet here in Tennessee. He informed me that Post Offices are going to start working with each state agricultural department on stopping all eggs that do not come from NPIP certified flocks being shipped. Of course, they want know they are eggs, if we don't mark the boxes:lol:

9. deerman

deerman Rest in Peace 1949-2012

Aug 24, 2008
    Southern Ohio
    Come on everyone, shipping eggs or birds without them being NPIP Test is asking for diseases to be spread.

Breaking these import or export state laws, good way to stop all shipping of birds and eggs.

Getting NPIP Testing is not that hard or cost that much.

If your going to ship eggs or birds follow the State laws.

My flocks is NPIP tested and any birds or eggs I get must come from Npip flocks, thats the reason we need the paper work with the eggs or birds.

10. deerman

deerman Rest in Peace 1949-2012

Aug 24, 2008
    Southern Ohio
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by