Does anyone know of an actual feed store near Raleigh, NC?

Discussion in 'Feeding & Watering Your Flock' started by Robin'sBrood, Mar 26, 2009.

1. Robin'sBrood

Robin'sBrood Flock Mistress

May 8, 2008
    North Carolina
    Not TSC or Agri Supply, but an actual mom & pop kind of feed store? I'm pretty close to Raleigh, Garner, Fuquay, Smithfield, Selma, Angier... in other words, I'm willing to travel. [​IMG] TIA!

2. amartinlb

amartinlb Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 17, 2009
    Jersey Shore
  3. william9792

william9792 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 23, 2008
    graham, nc
    i use the mom/pop feed in bear creek, nc ( real good prices) ( Wilson feed) 100lbs of starter feed for $ 13.50. william

4. Darin115

Darin115 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2008
    Asheboro, NC
    I purchase feed from a wonderfull little feed store in Franklinville. It is about an hour drive from Raleigh. The name of the store is Jim's Bargains. They have about any kind of feed you can imagine. Laying pellets/crumbles are $8.99 for 50lbs. Start and grow costs $9.99. Not sure how much scratch is because I buy very little.

From Raleigh you will take hwy 64 west towrd Asheboro. When you get to Ramseur you take hwy 22 toward Grays Chapel. When hwy 22 turn to the right to Grays Chapel you do not make the turn. You keep going straight and it is just around the curve on the left. Not much to look at but stocked full of farm and garden stuff.

Darin

1 person likes this.
  5. Jrb599

Jrb599 Out Of The Brooder

Apr 5, 2012
    Raleigh, NC
    I'd like to bump this thread? Does anyone know of anything closer? I'd like to find a good feed that's better than dumor for my chickens.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2012

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by