Does anyone know of any people who process meat birds in Florida?

Discussion in 'Meat Birds ETC' started by [email protected], May 28, 2010.

1. Country_Gal@Heart

[email protected] Out Of The Brooder

May 9, 2010
    Sunshine State
    I am new to owning chickens and my husband and I are considering buying some meat birds, but I don't think I would be okay with processing my own chickens. I have read on here that some people take their birds to the Amish for processing and was wondering if there is anyone in the Tampa Bay area who might have some suggestions?

Thank you!

2. A.T. Hagan

A.T. Hagan Don't Panic

Aug 13, 2007
    North/Central Florida
    To the best of my ability to discover there is not a commercial poultry processor anywhere in the state that will take small lots of birds.

You may be able to find an individual that will do them for you otherwise it's a do-it-yourself job.

3. Country_Gal@Heart

[email protected] Out Of The Brooder

May 9, 2010
    Sunshine State
    That's what I figured. I guess I am going to have to learn to do it myself. Thank you for the response.

4. Chicken411

Chicken411 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 11, 2010
    Mountain West
    I found some people who do it by checking my local free online ads. Maybe you could try Craigslist or you could post an ad looking for someone to do this for you. Just a thought.

5. packinaglock

packinaglock Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 8, 2008
    Loxahatchee, Florida
    Now if you were on the East coast I could help you out.

6. SouthFloridaChickens

SouthFloridaChickens New Egg

May 17, 2010
    packinaglock: I'm in West Palm, do you have someone over here that would process 50 or so birds? Is that the E. Coast you are referring to? I'm trying to find someone as well!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by