1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Does anyone know the breed or maybe gender of our chick?Lots of Pix

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Iloveourbabychick, Jul 5, 2008.

1. Iloveourbabychick

Iloveourbabychick Out Of The Brooder

Jun 29, 2008
    Hickory,NC
    Her name is Happy.Shes over 2 weeks old.Shes a sweetheart.Theres no sign of a comb on her head.Shes got 3 toes with a lil 4th thumb.Shes got pretty much all her wing feathers on and alot of pin feathers all over her.Heres pix of her.

And idea?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. birdlover

birdlover Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2007
    Northern Va.
    I'm sorry but I can't tell. Maybe a mix? Partridge colored? Anyway, she sure is pretty but I think she looks lonely and could use a friend. Do you have any other chicks she can hang with?

3. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

I agree Happy would be much happier with a couple of friends to keep her company. Chickens are flock animals and do better when they have some of their own kind to live with.

4. Iloveourbabychick

Jun 29, 2008
    Hickory,NC
    We have been through this before.We live in an apartment.One egg hatched out of the incubator.She is happy.Shes peeping.We have many other pets.Shes out here where she can see us.We know what every peep means.We are here for her all the time.We cant get another chicken.Our vet even said to keep her away from other chickens and she may be anti social towards chickens but she will be very social towards people.He told us not to get another chicken because it will expose her to other illnesses.We give all of our attention to her.Shes very well happy.

5. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

I hope it works out for you and the chick. It's a cute chick. What happens if she turns out to be a rooster?

6. Iloveourbabychick

Jun 29, 2008
    Hickory,NC
    Well we would keep him/her...Our animals we take on for life.Theres no need for sarcasm. You dont know us so don't judge us.

7. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

I wasn't being sarcastic and I wasn't judging you. It was just you said you lived in an apartment and I was just wondering if it's a rooster what was going to happen when he starts crowing. Sorry that you took offense at my question....

8. firem3

firem3 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 15, 2007
    Odenville Alabama
    I have new hampshire reds and it looks just like them, however it could be a mix with strong new hamp or rode island red genes.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by