1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Does anyone know what a black bottom chicken is?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Dbl T in CO, Jun 28, 2007.

1. Dbl T in CO

Dbl T in CO Out Of The Brooder

Jun 22, 2007
    Byers CO
    I have a neighbor that knows someone wanting to get rid of black bottom chickens. I've been told they have feathered feet. I have done some searches but nothing has turned up. Does anyone out there know anything about this chicken breed that can tell me something about them? [​IMG]

2. 4H kids and mom

4H kids and mom Cooped Up

Mar 10, 2007
    Southern Wisconsin
    I only know of a few breeds with feathered feet/legs and those are Cochins and Brahmas (spelling?). Both come in a variety of colors, so a 'black bottom' is certainly possible! Photos will help us tell you for certain what you have.

3. Dbl T in CO

Dbl T in CO Out Of The Brooder

Jun 22, 2007
    Byers CO
    I'm going to look at the birds tomorrow and will take some pics and post them. Also taking my chicken breed catalog to see if that helps me identify them. Will let you know what I am able to come up with and see if you agree.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by