Does anyone know what breed of chick I have?

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by chick-e-chick, May 27, 2008.

1. chick-e-chick

chick-e-chick Out Of The Brooder

Apr 21, 2008
    uk
    [​IMG]

The person I bought them from just said they are commercial laying hens, but surely the breed has a name? Any ideas?

2. chick-e-chick

Apr 21, 2008
    uk
    Well, the photo isn't showing, I'm clearly doing something wrong LOL, sorry, new at this!! Maybe the avatar is big enough to see them?

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 27, 2008
  3. Bi0sC0mp

Bi0sC0mp Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 21, 2008
    Raiford,FLA
    might be a leghorn hard to see in the avatar need a bigger and better pic thanks

4. chick-e-chick

Apr 21, 2008
    uk
    Thanks for that, I'll have to try and figure out what I'm doing wrong, I can't seem to add a photo.

5. Cetawin

Cetawin Chicken Beader

Mar 20, 2008
    NW Kentucky
    The picture needs to be uploaded to an online photo service like photobucket.com....then just copy the URL for the picture and click the Img button above the post box.... it will look like this

paste the URL between [​IMG] no spaces or anything just paste it between those two markers and it will show up.

6. mamachick

mamachick Out Of The Brooder

Sep 27, 2007
    I was trying to find out what breed of chickens I bought a year ago as chicks. As commercial laying hens that have almost no sense of broodiness (they are golden-brown with some white, and I have a male who is completely white with a tinge of yellow) - I have learned these are called Bovans, or Bovan Brown hens. Try finding this breed online to see if they look like yours at all. I've had a tough time finding these.

7. chick-e-chick

Apr 21, 2008
    uk
    Thanks mamachick, I'll have a look.

8. chick-e-chick

Apr 21, 2008
    uk
    Hey mamachick, I had a look and I think you're right about the Bovan Brown, thanks [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by