Does anyone Know What Breed Rooster Ive been Raising?

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by CountryChic4L, Oct 3, 2016.

1. CountryChic4L

CountryChic4L Just Hatched

Oct 3, 2016
    Hello,
    Ive raised Several Differnt Breeds Of Chicks This Year This Beautiful Rooster Here I Cant Find Anyone who Knows What breed he is... He Is more Aggesive then Any of the Other Roosters i have . If anyone Has any info lmk thanks_CountryChic4L [​IMG][/IMG][/IMG]

2. QueenMisha

QueenMisha Queen of the Coop

Welcome to BYC! It's great to have you.

He appears to be a mixed breed.

Who is he aggressive toward? You? Other birds?

1 person likes this.
  3. CountryChic4L

Oct 3, 2016
    More Pics
    [​IMG]

4. CountryChic4L

Oct 3, 2016
    Aggressive he comes at ppl 1 wing dwn with a sideways shuffle...picks on other Chickens as well

5. QueenMisha

QueenMisha Queen of the Coop

He's telling you he'll make delicious BBQ.

Seriously, eat him or give him to someone who will. An aggressive rooster will do nothing but make your time caring for them miserable and stress your other birds.

6. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Greetings from Kansas and :welcome! Pleased you joined us. I agree - a mean rooster is trouble! Need to make a plan for him soon, be it rehoming or crock pot. Best of luck! :)

7. CuzChickens

CuzChickens CountryChick

Apr 24, 2016
    Virginia
    Hello and welcome to Backyard chickens. Wow, gorgeous rooster, but if you end up needing to cull him, those barred feathers might get some money from a fly fisher..... I hope you enjoy BYC.

8. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    NEVER a good reason to keep a BAD roo. There is a glut of roosters desperately seeking homes - some even show & breeding quality - good roosters. It's a buyers market.

9. CountryChic4L

Oct 3, 2016
    I thank yu i dont wanna rehome him i live in West Virginia on quite a bit of land & hes seperated from all the other chickens.i wasnt sure if there was a way to find out his Bread he gets a lot of compliments & Is A Great Gate Gaurd.

10. CountryChic4L

Oct 3, 2016
    [​IMG]
    This Is another Roo im raising hes White with some Black & blue Feathers.hes now 6-mons old What breed would yu say he is?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by