Does anyone know what breed these chicks are?

bmpvrs

Hatching
9 Years
Oct 4, 2010
Hi Everyone,
I just got some new chicks and I am wondering if anyone can help identifying the breeds of the brown ones. I suspect perhaps brown leghorns or Welsummers. Two of them are the same but the other is different. They are all females. I already know the black ones are Goldenlaced Wyandottes. Thanks for any help.

69097_pa020207.jpg

ScaredOfShadows

Songster
9 Years
May 18, 2010
Semora NC - on the VA line
could be a couple different breeds! that color and pattern comes on alot of breeds' chicks so no telling for sure. I agree 2 look the same and 1 looks different, the 2 with the solid thick stripes could be welsummers, brown leghorns, oeg, or I believe there are a couple others that will throw off those colored chicks... The oddball looks like in the picture (may just be the picture) to have puffy cheeks if it does then its probably an EE even with yellow feet.

They are awful cute though

Mahonri

Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast
Premium Feather Member
13 Years
May 14, 2008
North Phoenix
My Coop
My Coop
with that coloring you could have lots of different breeds... LB Leghorn, Welsummer, EE or perhaps even a partridge rock .

kylara70

In the Brooder
9 Years
May 13, 2010
Also, if you look, you have 3 completely different looks. One dark brown, but even the two lighter brown ones are different. One has a solid stripe, front to bakc and one does not. I had EE chicks that looked just like a couple of those, so they could easily be EE but there are a LOT of breeds that start out like that.

Carol O.

Last edited:

bmpvrs

Hatching
9 Years
Oct 4, 2010
Thanks everybody. Guess I will just have to wait to see what they look like later. Taking a closer look, there really are 3 different patterns. I don't know what an EE is but there were Partridge Rocks, Welsummers, Brown Leghorns in the bunch that I bought them from. Whatever they are, I will still love them all. Thanks again.
big_smile.png
big_smile.png
big_smile.png
big_smile.png
big_smile.png

Kenshan1

Songster
9 Years
Aug 13, 2010
Bonney Lake, WA
Quote:
I was going to say the same thing. Although my EE's had dark legs which turned more green. Your's seem to be much lighter pink color. If they are EE's then they should be pullets due to coloring.

Shannon

MANNA-PRO

Top Bottom