Does anyone know what breed these chicks are?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by bmpvrs, Oct 4, 2010.

1. bmpvrs

bmpvrs New Egg

Oct 4, 2010
    Hi Everyone,
    I just got some new chicks and I am wondering if anyone can help identifying the breeds of the brown ones. I suspect perhaps brown leghorns or Welsummers. Two of them are the same but the other is different. They are all females. I already know the black ones are Goldenlaced Wyandottes. Thanks for any help.

[​IMG]

2. incubatingisfun

incubatingisfun Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 15, 2009
    Alaska
    brown leghorn,welsummer,or oeg im guessing

3. ScaredOfShadows

ScaredOfShadows Chillin' With My Peeps

could be a couple different breeds! that color and pattern comes on alot of breeds' chicks so no telling for sure. I agree 2 look the same and 1 looks different, the 2 with the solid thick stripes could be welsummers, brown leghorns, oeg, or I believe there are a couple others that will throw off those colored chicks... The oddball looks like in the picture (may just be the picture) to have puffy cheeks if it does then its probably an EE even with yellow feet.

They are awful cute though

4. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    with that coloring you could have lots of different breeds... LB Leghorn, Welsummer, EE or perhaps even a partridge rock .

5. kylara70

kylara70 Out Of The Brooder

May 13, 2010
    Also, if you look, you have 3 completely different looks. One dark brown, but even the two lighter brown ones are different. One has a solid stripe, front to bakc and one does not. I had EE chicks that looked just like a couple of those, so they could easily be EE but there are a LOT of breeds that start out like that.

Carol O.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2010
  6. bmpvrs

bmpvrs New Egg

Oct 4, 2010
    Thanks everybody. Guess I will just have to wait to see what they look like later. Taking a closer look, there really are 3 different patterns. I don't know what an EE is but there were Partridge Rocks, Welsummers, Brown Leghorns in the bunch that I bought them from. Whatever they are, I will still love them all. Thanks again.[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

7. devin0

devin0 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 19, 2010
    Fogo Island, NL
    EE = Easter Eggers

8. Kenshan1

Kenshan1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 13, 2010
    Bonney Lake, WA
    Quote:I was going to say the same thing. Although my EE's had dark legs which turned more green. Your's seem to be much lighter pink color. If they are EE's then they should be pullets due to coloring.

Shannon

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by