Does anyone know what breed these Pigeons are?

Discussion in 'Pigeons and Doves' started by kbell, Sep 20, 2012.

1. kbell

kbell Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 29, 2010
    Chickamauga GA
    [​IMG]

I started out with a pair of these and then one baby and now 2 more babies so I now have a family of 5 and not sure what kind they are. I bought them as Arcangels but then was told "no, not that that kind", and I have been told several diferent breeds since. The most recent person said they looked liked Saints. Does anyone know? They are mostly white, a couple has some brown spots, feathered legs and a crest, I guess you would call it around the head. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

2. mhwc56

mhwc56 Chillin' With My Peeps

looks like Capuchines to me...pretty birds! [​IMG]

3. kbell

kbell Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 29, 2010
    Chickamauga GA
    Someone had said that before then someone else said that Capuchines don't have feathered legs. Some one said I might have a cross of some sort. I don't have a clue, [​IMG] but they are pretty. Thanks!!!!

4. mhwc56

i hadnt noticed the leg feathering.
    you should check out the encyclopedia of pigeons. it has a list of breeds and LOTS of photos
    breeds that were a possible are the Giant Hungarian House pigeon and English Trumpeter

Last edited: Sep 20, 2012
  5. fowlsessed

fowlsessed Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 16, 2011
    east Tennessee
    Probably a cross, but they are pretty birds. I too think they look like capuchines, but your right, capuchines don't have feathered feet. They may fit in with some breed I'm not familiar with, though. And there are over 600!!

6. Faith SL

Faith SL Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 8, 2012
    California
    They sort of look like a cross between a Saint and a Capuchine. Good luck with them!

7. mhwc56

go to pigeonchat.net
    then go to their for sale and adoption ...to fancy pigeons that was posted sept 12,12 ...color's different but this may be your breed....sorry... last bird pictured in the post

Last edited: Sep 21, 2012
  8. mhwc56

i asked what the ones that look like your were and was told they're "High Flyers"

9. ThiefPouter06

ThiefPouter06 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 3, 2008
    green co. KY
    I agree mostly saints. There are alot of people who cross breeds for project reasons (Indian fantasy breeders use saints or mabe someone was outcrossing jacobin into their saints to improve them) and then they sell the crosses when they are done. Although they could be pure saints with poor muffs(feathers on the feet). The best way to know is to compare them to a saint in person...but thats not easy since they are so rare. I had some years ago but never could get any fertil eggs. Another reason why some outcross, to improve fertility.

10. aaabirdman

aaabirdman Chillin' With My Peeps

May 1, 2012
    NY
    most likely crossbreeds

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by