Does anyone know what breed they are :) ?

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by ZoeS95423, Aug 15, 2011.

1. ZoeS95423

ZoeS95423 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 17, 2011
    Can anyone guess what kind of ducklings these are? I know what they are but I think they look like they could be other things, so im just wondering what people think.. So its just for fun

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. dumb_cluck

dumb_cluck Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 26, 2010
    Upstate NY
    mallard runners?

3. lovin my birds

lovin my birds Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 15, 2011
    Odessa, MO
    Okay so Im not an expert on ducks but I love playing this game. Lol! So im going to take a wild guess. The first picture from left to right, maybe a khaki campbell (cant see it very well), the middle I am not sure at all so not even going to guess lol, the one in the back might be a khaki campbell drake, the last one a magpie, ancona, or blue swede, leaning towards one of the first to cause I dont think swedes are suppose to have so much white. Lol! The next pic saxony? Maybe? Then from back to front saxony? and cayuga. Next, Khaki campbell hen in the background and maybe saxony in front. Im not familiar with saxony but I have seen pics and they look like yours. Next pic Blue swedish. And again I have no idea on the last one. At first I thought maybe a silver appleyard but I have only seen lighter ones, though I guess it could be a dark one. If you know what they are please please tell me if I am right on any of them. I am trying to get better at knowing most of the duck breeds. BEAUTIFUL ducks by the way! [​IMG]

I changed my mind on the last pic. i am now thinking that it is trout runner. Lol! [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 15, 2011
  4. blueducklings

blueducklings Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 21, 2011
    Redmond, WA
    Ooh, pretty ducks! [​IMG]
    I have the same drake as the one with the black head and brown body. Is that a Cinnamon?
    Got mine from Holderreads in April as Cinnamons.
    The one next to him looks like a Gray Runner female?
    The ones on the bottom, if they are runners look like a pied lavender and pied cinnamon?
    Pray tell. Some of them don't look runner judging from the curve int he bills. Dunno. [​IMG]
    I'm still guessing the colors in my gang. They are all different, although I bought Silvers and Cinnamons. I think I might even have a trout or something. LOL. [​IMG]

5. greymane

greymane Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 2, 2011
    Snyder County, PA
    I can't be of much help, but they are great looking ducks!

6. ZoeS95423

ZoeS95423 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 17, 2011
    Haha, all the grey and white ones, and the reddish ones are blasck swedish and buff duck mixed. and the two runner looking ducks are indian trout runners [​IMG] I think the red ones look like saxonies too, and the black one is a cayuga. [​IMG]

and yes the brown ones are khaki campbells.

7. aineheartsyou

aineheartsyou Chillin' With My Peeps

May 6, 2009
    Dixie, WA
    Pic #1 L-R
    KC female, trout runner, KC male, magpie
    Pic#2
    saxony
    Pic#3
    saxony and cayuga
    pic#4
    saxony
    pic#5
    blue swedish
    pic#6
    trout runner

ETA: oops forgot a duck

Last edited: Aug 15, 2011
  8. Chinchilla2

Chinchilla2 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 9, 2011
    Red Rock
    Quote:I wanna see a trout duck!!!

I have no idea when looking at ducks what they are unless they are a whistling duck, a mallard, or a teal. I know these only because mallards live across the street from me, teals at a pond behind me, and whistling ones commute between the two places.

That second picture that shows one duck then the tail of another in the lower right... the one duck there looks like it's the same color as my Buff Orpingtons. In the top photo, the third from the left with his head cut off by the top of the pic has the same color body but a black looking neck. I'm not sure if it is a trick of the colors but that speckled one in the top and bottom pic looks like he has a skinny head. That might help figure out what he is. It doesn't look near as blocky or wide as the mallards or the whistling ducks around here.

9. Chinchilla2

Chinchilla2 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 9, 2011
    Red Rock
    Quote:Going to show my duck dumbness here but...
    Is it a trout runner due to the color or because it eats trout? I'm not trying to make a joke here (yeah, I know, it certainly sounds like it). The fact is I can see that narrow head being really handy when swimming along at high speeds to catch small trout fry.

10. aineheartsyou

aineheartsyou Chillin' With My Peeps

May 6, 2009
    Dixie, WA
    Quote:Going to show my duck dumbness here but...
    Is it a trout runner due to the color or because it eats trout? I'm not trying to make a joke here (yeah, I know, it certainly sounds like it). The fact is I can see that narrow head being really handy when swimming along at high speeds to catch small trout fry.

Its color [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by