1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Does anyone know what breed this bantam is?? Lots of Pics.

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by SantaPaula805, Apr 1, 2012.

1. SantaPaula805

SantaPaula805 Out Of The Brooder

Mar 12, 2012
    Santa Paula, Ca
    I was told it was a rooster and about a month old. Its head seems to be a cream color while its body is coated with a dark brown and black pattern and up to the black tail. The feet are yellow and seems to have a tad of grey within the dark brown and black patterns. Its beak is yellow at the end of the tip. He is a little over 4". Hopefully its not to early to determine the breed of the chick. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    &BTW can anyone actually verify that this is a male. and also the tail raises much higher than shown in these pictures.

-Anything will help

2. Featherland

Featherland Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 28, 2007
    Missouri
    It is definitely a rooster. It would help if you had a picture of it as a chick before it got feathers.

1 person likes this.
  3. SantaPaula805

SantaPaula805 Out Of The Brooder

Mar 12, 2012
    Santa Paula, Ca
    Really sorry but i don't have any pictures. Barley got him today.

4. partsRheavy

partsRheavy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 28, 2011
    Why do you have just ONE chick?? Chickens do not do well when raised alone.

Yes it looks like a male but more importantly you need to raise chicks together in a group of at least 4. Honestly, 6 or 7 together is better but if the city only allows 4 hens then just raise 4.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2012
  5. mama24

mama24 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 7, 2010
    GSO, NC
    Looks like a little black breasted red old English game bantam cockerel. He's cute!

2 people like this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by