Does anyone know what breeds these chicks are? (more pics added)

Here is on more pic of Donald to show off the feathers on his/her legs.
Donald-1.jpg

Where did you get these from?

Donald doesn't compare to anything I've ever seen. I would say EE, because of the muffs and pattern, but his legs are clearly yellow and the feathered legs had to come from somewhere. I'm going to say Cross breed until he grows a bit so we can see the color of his plumage.

Is Daisy largefowl? She could be a silver Campine. Her legs are very yellow though...

I got them from a lady that was trying to sell them outside of a local grocery store. She did not say what kind they was. They are probably both mixed breed. Daisy is not very big.

Hmm. The new pictures show that Donald has muffs and maybe a beard. In the case, since he has feathered legs, I would classify him as an Easter Egger.

Daisy may still be a pure Silver Laced Wyandotte or a possible cross. She looks more gray than brown to me, so I really don't think she's a Partridge Rock. Plus, she looks to have a flat comb, and Rocks have single combs.

I doubt she's pure SLW, her wing pattern suggests a dirty pencilling or stippling pattern, no clear lacing can be spotted. Although it is extremely possible that it could be a Wyandotte Cross
smile.png
I could definitely see that happening

This bird has several Indicators that is is not a Partridge rock. The grayish wings and overall Silver cast to the bird means it's base color is Silver grey, not the deep mahogany brown of a Partridge rock. Also, PR babies usually have little or no head pattern

Quote:
Actually, I think of green legs=EE. There are other breeds with puffy cheeks. Not to pick on you specifically, Greenfamilyfarms, but it seems like anytime anyone sees a cross that is chipmunk they knee-jerk say EE.
Personally I think Donald is a Salmon Faverolles cross (puffy cheeks+feather foot). If he is part EE he would have to be crossed with a feather-footed breed.
Not sure on Daisy, but I can't wait to see what they grow up to be--very cute!

Back
Top Bottom