Does anyone know what kinds of chickens these are??

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by greenacreshens, Jul 11, 2007.

1. greenacreshens

greenacreshens Out Of The Brooder

Jul 10, 2007
    Georgia
    I hatched these from assorted eggs and don't know what I have here!! They are happy girls though!
    Any help is appreciated.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 11, 2007
  2. Rafter 7 Paint Horses

Rafter 7 Paint Horses Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 13, 2007
    East Texas
    I'll give it a shot.

The first one is colored like a Silver Duckwing OEGB pullet, except her legs look too yellow. It may just be the picture.

Second one: Golden Seabright.

Third: Looks like a Partridge Cochin.

Fourth: I'm not familiar with this one, note the white earlobes. I'll have to look around, is this one a standard or bantam?

Fifth: Not sure, but looks like a Silver Lakenvelder to me.

Hope this helps.
    Very good looking birds!!!

Jean

3. greenacreshens

Jul 10, 2007
    Georgia
    Thank you!
    The fourth one is standard, not bantam. The black one with the white ear lobes is the tamest of them all, she's really sweet, but I'm not sure what she is either!!

4. Frozen Feathers

Frozen Feathers Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2007
    Maine
  5. CarriBrown

CarriBrown Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

#3 is a bantam partridge cochin, for sure. I have one and I don't see very many of them! Watch out... mine (Tina) is broody as all get out!

[​IMG]

6. Hellebore

Hellebore Out Of The Brooder

Mar 26, 2007
    Kirkland WA
    The first one looks very much like my Phoenix pullet. She is the tamest of the pullets that we have.

7. greenacreshens

Jul 10, 2007
    Georgia
    Thank you all for your help,
    the bantam partridge cochin is huge compared to the rest and so far she is very timid. I named her Peaches because I thought she needed a better name than "football" which is what the kids called her!

8. theOEGBman

theOEGBman Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 13, 2007
    Central California
    If that first hen is a Standard, Im going with Silver Leghorn. Phoenix dont have Yellow legs but Leghorns do. If that cochin is bigger than the rest, Im sure she's a Standard. I agree with the Golden Sebright and the Lakenvelder, The Black hen Im not sure.

9. CarriBrown

CarriBrown Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Quote:They are shaped like a football! [​IMG]
    Tina was timid, also, until she hatched her first clutch. We had her in the house for the 21 days and she got used to us. Then when the babies came, we took pictures, handled them, etc. Feeding them her favorite goodies really helped.

10. Frozen Feathers

Frozen Feathers Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2007
    Maine
    Okay I misread, I thought you wrote the black one is a bantam...I need to start wearing my glasses or just plain pay attention...lol
    My new guess White-Faced Black Spanish.... [​IMG] Feathersite's Spanish

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by