1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Does anyone know what "rare breed" this is?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by NinnyGillaspie, Nov 16, 2011.

1. NinnyGillaspie

NinnyGillaspie Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 18, 2011
    Huntsville, Tx
    The dark mottled chick is the free "rare breed" that the hatchery promised. I have scoured all the chick websites, and still don't know what it is. Will send more pics tomorrow when I get batteries for the cam[​IMG]era.

2. hcppam

hcppam Chillin' With My Peeps

I don't. But someone will. [​IMG]

3. chickmashnoon

chickmashnoon Chillin' With My Peeps

Which hatchery? Many of them seem to think EE's are rare breeds [​IMG] Personally I see them everywhere. But this is just an assumption soo hopefully I've bumped you for a far more experienced person to give u a real answer [​IMG]

4. NinnyGillaspie

NinnyGillaspie Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 18, 2011
    Huntsville, Tx
    We got them from Mcmurray, first time ordering. Husband and I are new to chickens, but we are totally obsessed! Whatever breed it is, we will love her. I think it's a her.

5. Grog

Grog Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 1, 2011
    I think its an americanna (EE).

Are its legs greyish or green?

Last edited: Nov 16, 2011
  6. kippy2

kippy2 Out Of The Brooder

Nov 16, 2011
    may be a EE

7. smokeykk

smokeykk Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 15, 2011
    Pennsylvania
    Looks like an EE to me. Its probably a boy though. They like to do that. So if you order like 8 pullets they will send you like 1 "rare Chick" It is most likely a boy.

8. Duramaxgirl

Duramaxgirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 12, 2010
    Idaho
    Do you have anymore pics? What type of comb does it have? And leg color??

9. Frost Homestead

Frost Homestead eggmonger

Jul 9, 2011
    Lago Vista, TX
    it's an EE for sure. you lucked out and got a pullet, they usually send a cockerel

10. 123ChickieLou

123ChickieLou Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 14, 2011
    Louisiana
    I'm totally new here but I vote Ameraucana as well. I lost my two Ameraucana babies a few weeks ago and they looked exactly like that one. Are the others Wellsummers? Wondering bc I just got two of those and there's a strong resemblance there too [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by