Does anyone know what the best Incubator is for under $200? Any suggestions are appreciated! Thanks!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by EggPlanter, Dec 14, 2016.

1. EggPlanter

EggPlanter Chillin' With My Peeps

May 21, 2015
    Hello BYC community[​IMG]! Since Christmas is coming around the corner fairly quick here I have been thinking about getting a new incubator. My last incubator I had was amazing (Hovabator 1602N), but it sadly met its sad demise after my cats discovered styrofoam is fun to rip apart. For my new incubator, I am hoping to find an incubator cat resistant and easy to clean and maintain (so probably plastic). Going over the $200 slightly isn't much of an issue, but I don't really feel like sleeping with the chickens this winter so it would be helpful to stay near the budget. It would also be helpful to have it have mostly automatic, but if I have to turn eggs by hand or turn a heat knob once in a while, that is fine. Thanks for any responses and I hope you all have a Merry Christmas!!!

Last edited: Dec 17, 2016
  2. EggPlanter

May 21, 2015
    So far, I am thinking between a brinsea mini eco incubator, an unknown cheap Chinese brand that has an automatic tuner, can hold 24 eggs and comes with free candler or the repti pro 6000. Any more suggestions or opinions on one would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Last edited: Dec 15, 2016
  3. ChickenGrass

ChickenGrass Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 16, 2015
    Republic of Ireland
    Hi there.
    Definatly go with the brinsea.
    I have a brinsea 24 egg and I have never had a problem with it.
    Before that I had the brinsea mini Eco and I had no problems with that either.
    In my opinion brinsea is the way to go.
    I saw a program before and it was talking about cheaper unknown incubators from China
    And they were going on fire.
    Go for the brinsea you won't regret it!

4. EggPlanter

May 21, 2015
    Okay! I also thought the brinsea sounded like a more reliable choice since it seems like a good incubator brand and will probably last longer than the Chinese incubator. I appreciate your reply and also think that you have a cool looking chicken as your profile pic.

5. ChickenGrass

Aug 16, 2015
    Republic of Ireland
    Yes brinsea are a very reliable incubator.
    Mine is 5 years doing around 7-8 hatches a year and still perfect
    Thank you he is a gold partridge pekin bantam

6. EggPlanter

May 21, 2015
    After just missing the brinsea octagon 20 eco with auto turn deal on the site, I am wondering if there is a better option for a more automatic incubator in the under $200 price range. For less than the brinsea octagon 20 eco I can get a brand new incuview, repti pro 6000 with turners or blu rite farms 3600 incubator. Any opinions or replies are appreciated Thanks!

7. ChickenGrass

Aug 16, 2015
    Republic of Ireland
    Last edited: Dec 17, 2016
    1 person likes this.
  8. EggPlanter

May 21, 2015
    Thanks you for your great help. Hope you have a very merry christmas next week!

9. ChickenGrass

Aug 16, 2015
    Republic of Ireland
    Thank you.
    The same to you,
    I hope you have a very merry Christmas and a happy new year!
    Goodluck
    Fionn.

10. lazy gardener

lazy gardener True BYC Addict

Nov 7, 2012
    CENTRAL MAINE
    If you're an adventurous spirit, make your own bator, and save that money for other chicken pleasures: like making a new tractor, getting set up with a nice large MHP brooder, or what ever else feeds your hobbies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by