Does anyone know what's wrong with my chickens?

gfelik

Hatching
Jul 9, 2020
They all use to be so cute. Now most look like this.....

Chicken 1.jpg
Chicken 2.jpg
Chicken 3.jpg

FYI..... I have 9 chickens in a coop that's made for 12 with an enclosed run that is about 10 X 12. Any help would be greatly appreciated. The egg count has remained the same. The chickens are all a year and half old and I get about 6 eggs a day.

The rooster is wearing them out by over-mating and there might be some feather-pecking as well.

But soon the process of molting will start and they will loose even more feathers until their new plumage will appear. You might want to add a vitamin supplement to meet any deficiency and allow for easier and quicker molt.

We don't own a rooster.

Well, that sure is strange somehow, because especially this one is worn out by mounting her as can be seen by the typical "pattern" : Head patch, bare shoulders and bare back.

Does your neighbour have roosters that might come to pay a visit? Or maybe the dominant hen of your flock is mounting her.

Well, that sure is strange somehow, because especially this one is worn out by mounting her as can be seen by the typical "pattern" : Head patch, bare shoulders and bare back.

Does your neighbour have roosters that might come to pay a visit? Or maybe the dominant hen of your flock is mounting her.
No, we are the only people in our neighborhood that own chickens and they are cooped up 24 hours a day unless I let them out for a few hours in the afternoon

Back
Top Bottom