Does anyone know where I can get baby chicks before Christmas??

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by bassfishrman, Dec 3, 2008.

1. bassfishrman

bassfishrman Out Of The Brooder

Mar 16, 2007
    All online hatcheries seem to be only taking orders for the spring.

I placed an order with welp hatchery the first week of Nov. with delivery set for the next week. They called and said my chicks were delayed and would be shipped today. They just called again and said it would be Dec. 29th before they will be shipped.

I am looking for RIR, Ameraucanas, or red or black sex links and would like to get them before Christmas.

2. Chickenaddict

Chickenaddict Chillin' With My Peeps

May 19, 2008
    East Bethel MN
    Try Ideal hatchery i think they ship out all year but i could be wrong. I just checked their site and they have RIR and sex links available [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 3, 2008
  3. chickenfever

chickenfever Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 22, 2008
    Arizona
    Yeah, I think Ideal, but the selection is limited

4. hinkjc

hinkjc Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Jan 11, 2007
    PA
    Where are you located? Maybe folks on here, that are nearby, have hatches coming up they'd like to share.

Jody

5. bassfishrman

bassfishrman Out Of The Brooder

Mar 16, 2007
    Located in Mobile, Alabama

6. what was i thinking

what was i thinking Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 1, 2008
    cny ny
    someone down there has to be hatching something. look at all the threads of hatching and swaps i am sure someone can help you out.

7. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

Do you have a feed store near you? Ours carries chicks all year long.

8. LoneCowboy

LoneCowboy Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 26, 2007
    Longmont, CO
    I'm pretty sure McMurray ships year around. Limited selection though. Probably still have time to incubate [​IMG]

9. MandyH

MandyH You'll shoot your eye out!

I am in Tupelo, MS and have Blue and Splash Cochins hatching this week and then another batch hatching next week. I was hatching them for myself but you are welcome to get them if you are interested because my hens are laying up a storm right now and I can set myself some more.

10. lovemychix

lovemychix Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 14, 2008
    Moulton Iowa
    I don't know where you live but shipping chicks in the cold is asking for disaster. I would def. try to find someone local that may be hatching to pick them up. I know welp sent me some in October but that was pushing it. They came from New Mexico. I was scared because it was getting colder here in Iowa. All mine were fine. I was lucky.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by