Does anyone know where I can purchase fertile chicken eggs

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by I <3 Chicks, Jan 29, 2011.

1. I <3 Chicks

I <3 Chicks Out Of The Brooder

Dec 26, 2010
    Ormond Beach
    Does anyone know where I can purchase fertile buff orpington eggs for incubation in the state of Florida if you could list some sites or locations.

2. Cavendish Chickens

Cavendish Chickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 24, 2010
    Summit County, Ohio
    You could try this one... I think it's close to you... www.lionsgrip.com/farms.html

Or
    you could order from mypetchicken.com

Have you looked under farm and garden in your local craigslist? There might be some posted on there. Hope you can find some! Good luck!

3. Ridgerunner

Ridgerunner Chicken Obsessed

Feb 2, 2009
    Northwest Arkansas
  4. HEChicken

HEChicken Overrun With Chickens

Aug 12, 2009
    BuCo, KS
    My Coop
    What I did was to post a WTB ad on Craigslist. I also perused ads for eating eggs for sale and contacted the sellers to ask if they had a rooster (i.e. would their eggs be fertile). After a couple of unsuccessful attempts, I found a lovely lady who was intrigued that I wanted the eggs for hatching and offered to collect them warm, store them big end up and call me when she had two dozen collected. She also asked me to call her and let her know how the incubation went. I just had two hatch this morning with a third pipped so I guess I'll be making that call soon.....

5. Mrs. Fluffy Puffy

Mrs. Fluffy Puffy Fluffy Feather Farm

Jan 26, 2010
    Texas, Panhandle
    There is a really nice Hatching eggs section here on BYC. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by