Does Anyone Know Where To Get Georia Giant Eggs?

Discussion in 'Quail' started by MAYNARD1, Nov 29, 2010.

1. MAYNARD1

MAYNARD1 Out Of The Brooder

May 28, 2010
    MILTON, FLORIDA
    I Looked At Wadly Farms But Those Eggs Are So Expensive. Im Looking For Someone To Sell Me Around 100 Eggs. Im In The Nw Section Of Florida Panhandle. I Will Be Glad To Pay For Them To Be Shipped. If Someone Could Help Me Out That Would Be Great! I Have Some Courtunix, And Texas A&ms But They Arent Very Big. So I Decided To Go With The Georgia Giant Bobs. [​IMG]

2. Robo

Robo Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 15, 2010
    Knoxville,TN
    Try Lake Cumberland Gamebirds they have ok prices.

3. shelleyd2008

shelleyd2008 the bird is the word

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    Sorry, I was thinking JJ had those, but he's got butler's. But that's an option if you don't find the GG, he's in Brooksville I believe.

4. Robo

Jul 15, 2010
    Knoxville,TN
    He has some big ones too. Click on his site on one of his posts.

5. _Randall_

_Randall_ Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 3, 2009
    Grenada, Ms
    Quote:Not trying to influence you one way or the other, but I've gotten 300+ GG eggs from Wadley to have a good stock base come springtime next year. I had "2" cracked eggs out of 300+. Hatch rate was off-the-chart remarkable, considering I used a Little Giant bator. Death rate amongst chicks was hardly noticable. And they're as plump and healthy as you could want from a Bobwhite(excluding many which have gone to the freezer) .......................... My point: In this case, you get what you pay for. [​IMG]

6. Pine Grove

Pine Grove Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 18, 2007
    Lakeland, Ga
    Quote:If you wanna be sure you are getting true Ga Giants, You better get them from Wadley Quail Farm..And actually their prices are reasonable

7. Robo

Jul 15, 2010
    Knoxville,TN
    There are some on ebay that are ending in 5 minutes. They are 45.00 for a hundred. That is with shipping.

8. MAYNARD1

May 28, 2010
    MILTON, FLORIDA
    THANKS FOR ALL YOUR INFO! im looking to get some good sized birds that i can sell to the community as meat but also to some of the hunt clubs around here. i figured the georgia giants were a good choice. and they are hard to come by around here. i know the butlers are bigger but is that something to consider? will hunt clubs buy those? or do people just sell for butcher? just trying to get an overall bird to try to make some money and put in the freezer. right now i have the cortunix but they are too small. i used to raise wisconsin jumbos, but im trying to do something alittle different than everyone else in my town. anyway if you have suggestions please dont be shy. thanks:)

9. joe125

joe125 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 20, 2010
    Are you looking for an egg source, that you can buy eggs from, hatch, and grow out, etc., or are you looking for good breeding stock, that you will be maintaining for your own production of eggs for hatching?

It may seam like a silly question, but if you want to go big, you will most likely have to maintain your own breeding stock. If you want an egg supplier, that can ship year around, then you may have to settle for a smaller size bird.

What ever the ending. Knowing the production model would help me, and others advise a source.

10. MAYNARD1

May 28, 2010
    MILTON, FLORIDA
    right now i am looking for fertile eggs to hatch and grow to get a breeding stock. then maintain a good flock.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by