Does Anyone Know Which Artist Painted This??

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by rodriguezpoultry, Jun 18, 2009.

1. rodriguezpoultry

rodriguezpoultry Langshan Lover

Jan 4, 2009
    Claremore, OK
    I have a painting that, I believe is an original that my dad bought at SafeWay 20+ years ago. He made the frame himself. He bought it for my mom for their wedding present and their first home....so I'm very sentimental about it.

If I can get ANY information on the painting, if anyone has any paintings like this or knows of the artist....because I am DYING of curiosity!

[​IMG]

Artist Signature:
    [​IMG]

2. maplesky7

maplesky7 Flock Mistress

Jun 14, 2008
    N. IL.
    That's nice...gives me a warm feels like home feeling.

I can't make out the name...what do you think it looks like if you were to guess?

And I guess my suggestion would be to find when Antiques Road show is coming in your neck of the woods and ask them. [​IMG]

3. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    Great art.

Especially when it invokes feelings... like that one does.

4. English Chick

English Chick English Mum

Jun 27, 2008
    Cheshire UK
    I work for Bonhams Auctioneers, if you would like to take another (must be clearer though) pic, particularly the signature I can ask our art dept to investigate for you....pm me if you want to follow it up. ok [​IMG]

5. rodriguezpoultry

Jan 4, 2009
    Claremore, OK
    Rather than put a whole lot of photos on here...I went ahead and made an album for the painting photos.

Here is the link:
    http://s58.photobucket.com/albums/g259/jrsygntbrdr1/Old Painting/

I'm also going to add the "best" photos in my opinion, but again...I do not know how to photograph paintings to bring out their best.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    (I don't know why the camera turns the color orange...it's actually more green in that corner.)

Showing the paint and "texture":
    [​IMG]

6. Sillystunt

Sillystunt Master of the Silly

Jul 11, 2008
    Winter Haven, FL
    wow, beautiful pic! i have a painting my mom thought was a print for years. She took it down one day to find out it's a painting. I have it hanging in my house and always wondered. I am also addicted to ARS. LOL
    My dad found a signature and looked it up and told me if there is a fire to grab it!

I think these things are so cool! Hope you find out who did it!

[​IMG]

7. TammyTX

TammyTX Crowing

Feb 16, 2009
    Texas
    Quite often these paintings are done assembly line style....one person does the sky, the next layers in the trees, then the house, etc. and then the last person signs it. I think a lot of artist start off this way.

There's a movie where they show the process...I can't remember who was in it but it was in the last 20 years....darn the brain!

ETA....I didn't say d-a-r-n [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 1, 2009
  8. Sillystunt

Jul 11, 2008
    Winter Haven, FL
    they usually do that with knock off's. i would be very surprised if this was done like that.

9. rodriguezpoultry

Jan 4, 2009
    Claremore, OK
    I'm sorry, but do what with knockoffs? The whole assembly-style method?

If it was a knockoff...I'd still like to know what the original painter intended it to be...it just looks too synchronized for several different people to do it. Each artist has their own style...this painting seems to be all one style.

10. Sillystunt

Jul 11, 2008
    Winter Haven, FL
    Quote:No, what the post before me said. When you see knockoffs of paintings they are usually assembled. this painting is NOT! I am an artist, and i agree with you. the strokes are consistant~

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: