1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Does anyone know which breed this is and if looks like a cockerel or not?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by dansanddogs, May 17, 2016.

1. dansanddogs

dansanddogs Out Of The Brooder

Jun 19, 2014
    I forgot what I ordered and have no idea which breed this is and why is the comb so wide?[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. StarMeKritten

StarMeKritten Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 28, 2013
    Moore County, NC
    Splash laced red Wyandotte cockerel

3. dansanddogs

Jun 19, 2014
    Oh no!!! Please tell me you're joking. Do you know if they are typically mean when they get older? I had to get rid of my last rooster (Buff Orpington) because he got really mean close to a year old.

4. StarMeKritten

StarMeKritten Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 28, 2013
    Moore County, NC
    Sorry to be the bearer of bad news! But at least they are usually pretty nice guys. I've never had a mean one. I actually have 3 blue laced red wyandotte roosters at the moment. Oddly enough, the meanest rooster I've ever had was also a buff orpington..

5. dansanddogs

Jun 19, 2014
    Thanks for your reply. Now I have to decide whether or not to keep him and see how he turns out. [​IMG]

6. chicksandfish01

chicksandfish01 New Egg

May 17, 2016
    I think my rooster is a Rhode island red, but I'm not sure. Does anybody know what he is for sure?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by