Does anyone know which hatchery Wilco uses for Chicks/Ducks?

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by cottagechick, Feb 1, 2012.

1. cottagechick

cottagechick Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 11, 2011
    Cottage Grove, Oregon
    I was just wondering...

2. bettythegreat

bettythegreat Out Of The Brooder

Apr 27, 2013
    Springfield, Oregon
    Did you ever find out the answer? I am wondering the answer to that myself. I just bought a couple ducklings from an assortment they got, no one knew what was what, so I was hoping to find out online where they came from so I can get an answer if they are chocolate runners or khaki campbells. Also, they are not sexed and I'm not expert enough for venting so was thinking of getting a couple more to increase the odds I would have at least one female.[​IMG]

3. Bill Matthews

Bill Matthews Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 3, 2013
    To Bettythegreat: Did you CALL Wilco and ask them where the ducks came from? Sorry, but i don't know anything about ducks other than that they like water. Good luck and best wishes.

4. bettythegreat

bettythegreat Out Of The Brooder

Apr 27, 2013
    Springfield, Oregon
    I only asked when I was there, and the 'experts' said they didn't know. But when I went back today to look at their new shipment they had another assorted batch, and a batch of what they were calling golden 300s which I got one of, they were all yellow which didn't sound right to me as online that breed is tan or black so maybe he/she is a white layer or pekin. I got two others, which I believe are a blue swedish and a black swedish.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 11, 2013

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by