Does anyone know why medium brahamas are slow to grow feathers?

maf2008

Songster
12 Years
Feb 19, 2009
I have 4 left medium brahamas and all the other 6 week old chickens have full feathers... these pullets have light feathering on back few tail feathers......

all the other breeds are fully feathered. Is this just the breed? all info apprecaited

I've never heard of a medium brahma? but yes the brahma is a slow feathering, slow growing breed.

I guess my question is they are 5/6 weeks old and never got feathers on back yet.... how long till they feather out? anyone have medium brahmas?
hu.gif

To the best of my knowledge there are only bantams and large fowl. Now the bantams are one of the largest bantam breeds, but they are still considered a bantam. And the large fowl are...well...L-A-R-G-E
wink.png

I MEANT TO SAY....
lau.gif
sorry my goof.
he.gif
I have light colored brahmas and medium color brahmas... the light ones are "white whtih black feathers" on neck and the medium color ones have buff color feet and neck feathers... but are featherless on back or have a little fuzz.... they are all healthy and came from the same batch....

So Brahamas do feather slower than other breeds? the white ones are fully feathered and I do not understand???
hu.gif
any advice appreciated.

Back
Top Bottom