Does anyone make horse diapers?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Highlander, Jan 12, 2012.

1. Highlander

Highlander Tartan Terror

Oct 1, 2008
    Prague
  2. Opa

Opa Opa-wan Chickenobi

May 11, 2008
    Howell Michigan
    While I've never seen diapers, I have seen bags that attach to the horse to catch the droppings. Their use was quite common in urban areas when horse drawn wagons were the most common means of transport

3. Highlander

Highlander Tartan Terror

Oct 1, 2008
    Prague
    Really? I hope they were disposable and not reusable! Wouldn't want the job of horse bag washer! [​IMG]

4. theotherranch

theotherranch Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 27, 2011
    Charleston(SC) requires diapers on the horse drawn carriage tours in the city!
    Most use bags like Opa said, and they are not disposable.
    For spillage or other "accidents", the guides call in for a clean up on their radios.

5. Highlander

Highlander Tartan Terror

Oct 1, 2008
    Prague
    Seriously? Geez, even the Queen doesn't demand nappies on her horses when she's trooping the colour! I'm shocked there's even such a thing! [​IMG]

6. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    Try telling that to my nephew who wants a horse and got a place for it...in her bedroom LOL!

Well, I don't know what to say but back in those days, we slept with animals! Remember the movies, cattle and horses were next door to their cabin. I dont know how they deal with the stink but guessing either they are used to it or they kept it shoveled out.

7. Avalon1984

Avalon1984 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 22, 2010
    Muskegon
    I remember riding through my small town in Germany and people waited for me to stop by, hoping the horse would poop so they could gather it and throw it on their garden. Well, my horse had a clock inside and would always poop in front of the same house [​IMG]

8. Snozzle

Snozzle Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 16, 2011
    Tri-Cities Tennessee
    Don't give me any ideas, I already have my brooder with 4 chicks and 2 bantams in the room next to me to keep them out of this sudden cold and there are 2 cats and 2 dogs in this room with me now.
    Hmm if I get rid of the furniture I could fit a small pony in there... Yard sale anyone? [​IMG]

9. swampcat

swampcat Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 18, 2011
    Brooklyn, CT

[​IMG]

10. LegginMF12

LegginMF12 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 2, 2011
    Yucca Valley
    Are you selling a pony at the yard sale? I think I need a pony. I don't know why I need a pony, but I definitely think I need one!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by